UK web browsing habits. iPhone trails N95

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Are UK browsing habits an idication of the true iPhone browsing stats?

While the N95, according to this article, might have more hits, the iPhone/iPod Touch provide a better browsing experience. In my opinion.

Link provfide: http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/news/...mobile_bro.php

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    carniphagecarniphage Posts: 1,984member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sapporobaby View Post

Are UK browsing habits an idication of the true iPhone browsing stats?

While the N95, according to this article, might have more hits, the iPhone/iPod Touch provide a better browsing experience. In my opinion.

Link provfide: http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/news/...mobile_bro.php

I wonder if the stats from one obscure website are statistically significant.

C.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    mrochestermrochester Posts: 700member
    My guess is that because the stats are from a fairly techy/geeky website then most of the users accessing it via a mobile device will be using the most techy/geeky device to do so, and that would explain why the N95 is higher up on the list.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    sapporobabysapporobaby Posts: 1,079member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Carniphage View Post

I wonder if the stats from one obscure website are statistically significant.

C.

Do you mean the Allaboutsymbian site or the site that they referenced? Either way, if the facts are true, the source shouldn't really matter should it?
  • Reply 4 of 7
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sapporobaby View Post

Do you mean the Allaboutsymbian site or the site that they referenced? Either way, if the facts are true, the source shouldn't really matter should it?

Of course the source matters!

mrochester is spot on. If numbers from only one site are going to be meaningful, it needs to be a site widely used by a large general audience, like bbc.com which was mentioned in the comments.

It's probably about as meaningful as quoting the percentage of Safari users on AI.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    sapporobabysapporobaby Posts: 1,079member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Flounder View Post

Of course the source matters!

mrochester is spot on. If numbers from only one site are going to be meaningful, it needs to be a site widely used by a large general audience, like bbc.com which was mentioned in the comments.

It's probably about as meaningful as quoting the percentage of Safari users on AI.

I am not disputing that sources are important but regardless of the source, facts will still remain facts. What comes into question is the credibility of the source. If Einstein says 1 plus 1 = 2, or Saddam Hussain (now deceased) says 1 plus 1 = 2, who would you believe? Both are equally correct.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    They're facts, that's fine. I don't care to contest them.

But they aren't facts that tell you much of anything about the question posed (iPhone vs. N95 web browsing).
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Flounder View Post

They're facts, that's fine. I don't care to contest them.

But they aren't facts that tell you much of anything about the question posed (iPhone vs. N95 web browsing).

Agreed. This is results from 1 website. Out of millions. I'd like a chart on web browsing as a whole and see the results. Or a website better the PCPRO that they used.