new product is already in the Apple stores

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    shadygshadyg Posts: 64member
    [quote]Originally posted by Fran441:

<strong>I think you need an 'invitation' to see the keynote at Apple retail stores. </strong><hr></blockquote>

Not at the one in Glendale. I called them up and they said it's first come first served. I'm personally showing up at 8 to make sure I get in. Other stores may have different policies.

-- ShadyG
  • Reply 22 of 27
    o and ao and a Posts: 579member
    techtv showed MWSF last year during CES as well so THEY"LL DO IT AGAIN ESPECAILLY SINCE THIS ONE IS BIG I"M ALMOST SURE OF THAT

lets hope heh?
  • Reply 23 of 27
    I'm an Apple Campus Rep. for my school and a few weeks ago I was at the Mall of America Apple store talking to a guy I know who works there. He (and a couple of other employees) told me that the policy on new hardware releases, is that the products are shipped to the stores in advance and are kept in the back room, locked under a black tarp with instructions for no one to touch it until after the announcement. He told me this is how the did it over the summer and there was no reason to believe that they wouldn't do it that way again for MWSF. I don't see any reason to disbelieve him.

D
  • Reply 24 of 27
    o and ao and a Posts: 579member
    Heres a reason why

Apple hardly ever has there shiznit together to have products available IMMEDIATLY

there ya go
  • Reply 25 of 27
    For anyone living in the Arlington area, the Clarendon store WILL be broadcasting the satellite feed at 12:00 PM.

There is a special invitation that the cashier gives out if you ask for it specifically. But according to the manager, he is not going to worry if his store got as packed as opening day.

It may not so crowded though as there may not be quite a large Mac contingent in this area.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    [quote]Originally posted by O and A:

<strong>Heres a reason why

Apple hardly ever has there shiznit together to have products available IMMEDIATLY

there ya go</strong><hr></blockquote>

There are always dvt or evt units available for demo purposes.. the iPod was all over the Apple campus the day it was announced...
  • Reply 27 of 27
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by Hektor:

<strong>I'm an Apple Campus Rep. for my school and a few weeks ago I was at the Mall of America Apple store talking to a guy I know who works there. He (and a couple of other employees) told me that the policy on new hardware releases, is that the products are shipped to the stores in advance and are kept in the back room, locked under a black tarp with instructions for no one to touch it until after the announcement. He told me this is how the did it over the summer and there was no reason to believe that they wouldn't do it that way again for MWSF. I don't see any reason to disbelieve him.

D</strong><hr></blockquote>

That makes me believe a little more that the stores might have them.