Available disk space issue

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
First timer here. Quick question about disk space in Leopard. I have noticed that when I empty items in my trash, the unused space available does not show the additional space created. For example, I had 15.27GB of unused disk space and then deleted a 700MB file. But when I checked my available disk space after deleting the file, it still said 15.27GB instead of 15.97GB. Has anyone else noticed this? In previous OS's, I have never had this issue. Also, has anyone had the issue of being told two different disk space available? When I open my HD file from desktop and a folder from desktop, they both show different disk space available, with the HD folder always having more space available. I am running 10.5.2 on a MBP if that helps. Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    it's probably just a bug.. try restarting the computer and it should be refreshed
  • Reply 2 of 3
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    I've seen this when you have a Finder window open and you're looking at the available space. Then you empty the trash and the available space doesn't change. But all you have to do is click on a different folder and it will "refresh". I don't know why the current view doesn't refresh.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    hirobohirobo Posts: 5member
    Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah, I know it was a tiny thing but just wondering why it was happening even after updating to 10.5.2. Maybe they'll get it right in the next update.