change login items order

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Does anyone know if it is possible to change the order that startup items are loaded in leopard? The reason I ask is because when my OS loads up, it takes a couple minutes for my wacom tablet to load up and allow me to move the mouse on it. It never had this problem in the past so I am unsure what the issue is. I tried out of curiosity re-installing leopard and it worked fine until I installed 10.5.2 and now it seems to take alot longer for the wacom driver to load.

Is there a way I can check the order that items are loaded so I can maybe bump it up to have it load quicker.

thanks

DD

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    If it's an item that shows up in SysPrefs>Accounts>username>LoginItems , then you can drag-and-drop within that list to any order you like. I don't know if this actually affects which order they LOAD during startup or not, but you can certainly order that list however you want.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    dage007dage007 Posts: 320member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

If it's an item that shows up in SysPrefs>Accounts>username>LoginItems , then you can drag-and-drop within that list to any order you like. I don't know if this actually affects which order they LOAD during startup or not, but you can certainly order that list however you want.

Yes I know about the login items in sys pref, I was trying to find out if there was another area that loads the actual components of the OS. Where are the start up items located that when you hold the shift key are disabled during start up? Can those be changed in the order they start up?