Business Card Software

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
What is the best software to use on OSX to create my own business cards? I would like some form of templates or something to work with. Version Tracker didn't really have anything good so I figured this would be my next place to ask.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    I though AW had a template...Not sure how good it is though.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    [quote]Originally posted by ijerry:

<strong>I though AW had a template...Not sure how good it is though.</strong><hr></blockquote>

screw templates, make your own in illie or freehand. it's not hard. besides, most templates are ugly assed anyways.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    I used Appleworks' database module - select paper size and how many records across and down you want. Works really well.

Amorya
  • Reply 4 of 5
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    OMG, who needs a template, or software? Here's how to do it:

1. Open a new document in ANY APP.

2. Margins: Left/Right: .75", Top/Bottom: .5".

3. Create a 2 x 5 table with cells 3.5" wide by 2" tall.

4. Type in your crap to the first cell, format it, and paste it to the other cells.

5. Print.

As crude as it sounds, that all there is to it. It doesn't take a DTP guru to do this.

To go a step further, never use the perforated paper, it's ugly IMHO. Invest in a decent paper cutter and Epson's Heavyweight Matte Paper. Cut the cards at .5, 2.5, 4.5, 6.5, 8.5, and 10.5 inches horizontally, and at .75, 4.25, and 10.25 inches vertically. You'll end up with 10 3.5 x 2 inch business cards per page.

Quality, of course, depends on your printer, paper, and choice of cutting method.

Takes all of 15 minutes to make 100 cards.