Next version of Final Cut Studio?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Has anyone heard any rumors of a new Final Cut Studio coming out? It feels like there should be a new one coming out soon... I'm afraid that if I buy it now they'll announce some release or something like that this June.

I have Studio 1, and would like to "upgrade" (I can't legally because I have the student version), but it's no big deal for me to wait.

Thanks for any tips or information that anyone can provide.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rnaoncfixd View Post

Has anyone heard any rumors of a new Final Cut Studio coming out? It feels like there should be a new one coming out soon... I'm afraid that if I buy it now they'll announce some release or something like that this June.

I have Studio 1, and would like to "upgrade" (I can't legally because I have the student version), but it's no big deal for me to wait.

Thanks for any tips or information that anyone can provide.

I have no information, but the cost to upgrade is not that big. Just get version 2 now for whatever system you have. I'm still running ver. 1 also. I heard there were some issues with FCPS2 and OSX's latest...

Also, I don't like the fact that there's no OS9 support in Leopard. My CAD program would be useless.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I have no information, but the cost to upgrade is not that big.

The upgrade doesn't work for the student version. I would have to buy the full blown version which is about 1200$. May not be much to some, but it is for a just out of college graduate. If I'm going to pay full price, I don't want to have to get a soon to be obsolete model, I might as well get the newest version that may come out. I really don't mind waiting, I'm a pretty patient guy.

Anyways, sorry to hear about your OS problems. We kind of have the same bad deal here, except it's an old program that only works with Windows 2000 and not on Vista. Same problem; different forum.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rnaoncfixd View Post

I don't want to have to get a soon to be obsolete model, I might as well get the newest version that may come out. I really don't mind waiting, I'm a pretty patient guy.

Since it's only a few more weeks to NAB, waiting would be prudent. However, it's not very likely that Apple will release a new Studio. They have had version 2 only out for one year. So, it'll probably be another year before we see an upgrade to version 3.