iPhone Singapore; Verizon wins 700MHz bid; no unlimited iTunes?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    grayumgrayum Posts: 47member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GregAlexander View Post

Singapore is geographically near China if you're thinking from the US or Europe.

although Singapore might be geographically near China, its no way near being a neighbor. It takes 6/7 hours to fly to Beijing for instance. Would you call Seattle and Miami neighbors?

I don't care which telco in Singapore gets it - just get it here!
  • Reply 22 of 24
    sennensennen Posts: 1,472member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by grayum View Post

although Singapore might be geographically near China, its no way near being a neighbor. It takes 6/7 hours to fly to Beijing for instance. Would you call Seattle and Miami neighbors?

I don't care which telco in Singapore gets it - just get it here!

lol, beijing is on the far eastern seaboard of china, the north-east and almost the furthest point away from singapore at that. it's only 3 hours to kunming. 3 hours on a plane down here is only just over halfway from melbourne to perth!

echoing other ppl, hopefully once singapore gets it, australia isn't too much further down the line. GregAlexander is right, it is better if telstra don't get it, they are a rip-off.

S$ and A$ are still pretty close aren't they? so we can expect similar pricing...if optus gets it here? i still fear that having had to hold out so long that whichever company gets it down here, we will pay the usual additional premium for 'cool factor' or being 'early adopters' (ie on top of that already factored into apple's pricing and ironically on a product that has been out elsewhere for over a year...!)
  • Reply 23 of 24
    grayumgrayum Posts: 47member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sennen View Post

S$ and A$ are still pretty close aren't they?

S$1 = A$1.27
  • Reply 24 of 24
    Hahhaha..this is sooo funny..Singapore is NOT anywhere near China..oh my..hahaa.how can they get this wrong...hahhaha.this shows a lot about the source of this news..hahaha...

check the atlas peeps! Singapore is near Malaysia..ahaha..not China..Between China and Singore.we have malaysia and thailand..oh My God...thats like sooo near...