Briefly: NYC iPhone sellout; new Jersey store; 2008 PC shipments

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 48
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sartis View Post

I just hope that with the 3G iphone that we get the ability to tether it for use with a laptop.

I'm thinking this will not happen until the iPhone is no longer directly tied to a carrier. I have a feeling this one of the first things that the carrier would require to agree to revenue sharing.
  • Reply 42 of 48
    Could it be that there is a new iPhone model coming out?

Maybe they are just selling too well and they recently reduced production, but it does raises the possibility of a new phone model.

What do you think guys?

For Apple to not have iPhones at a New York Apple store is really strange.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by freethinker View Post

All i ask is that the 3g Iphone not be $599!!!!!!!!!

If they add 3G, 11.N, GPS and a camera on the front, I would pay $699.
  • Reply 43 of 48
    imacfpimacfp Posts: 750member
    For what it's worth, my wife checked out the 16GB phone at the Apple Store in the Freehold Raceway Mall in New Jersey and they were totally out and didn't know when they would be getting any more in. She was told this by two different employees. They did have 8 GB ones though.
  • Reply 44 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by audiopollution View Post

What is the sentiment that you're trying to convey?

Are you voicing dissatisfaction with the fact that a 3G iPhone will be released so soon or that Apple continues to update their product line?

Surely you're not suggesting that everyone who owns the current iPhone will be holding a useless piece of glass and metal when the new phone is released or that they will be compelled to buy the new 3G version. That would be a strange logical leap.

, indeed.

Obviously you have an issue with this progression. What is it exactly? Do you feel like Apple is ripping you off in some way? You do realize that if you really really really want to upgrade, you have the option of selling your old iPhone to offset the price of the new one.

Relax, and don't take it so seriously, man. It was meant to be in jest, actually meant to be a bit of self-parody/self-deprecation.

If that didn't come thru, too bad.

PS: Nobody is "compelled" to buy anything, the last time I checked. So that's a pointless statement.

PPS: Nah, Apple's not ripping me off in any way. Why, are you an employee?
  • Reply 45 of 48
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    imminent??? maybe price drop but not iPhone 2, we should see it first at a FCC aproval listing, surely V2 has to go before FCC first.

maybe with the rumors of newly designed iphone with oled screen maybe that can make way for front camera for video chat
  • Reply 46 of 48
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NOFEER View Post

imminent??? maybe price drop but not iPhone 2, we should see it first at a FCC aproval listing, surely V2 has to go before FCC first.

maybe with the rumors of newly designed iphone with oled screen maybe that can make way for front camera for video chat

The notice of FCC approval can be delayed. The wireless Mighty Mouse data was leaked the day before it went on sale.
  • Reply 47 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

Oh yeah I forgot they plan their entire vacations around the iPhone: They spend $900 on flights just to buy an $400 phone. You still believe that old wives' tale?

How about this: $500 for the flight (easy to find in January and February), buy 4 iphones for $400 each, sell three of them unlocked for 500 euro each (again, easy to do)... get a free iphone, make $150 profit AND have a nice vacation...

What's your wife telling you?
  • Reply 48 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by studiomusic View Post

What's your wife telling you?

LOL.