10.5.2 Retail DVD - When?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I have a simple question about Leopard. How long will it be before Apple bumps the retail Leopard DVD installer to version 10.5.2? I'd like to buy a 10.5.2 DVD rather than installing 10.5.1 & updating to 10.5.2? Is there any way of finding out the timetable on this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    I'm sure they have already done it. But you might want to wait until they sell the DVD's with 10.5.1 on them, which shouldn't take to long.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,402member
    I'd like to know if Apple would take my 10.5.0 DVD and send me a 10.5.2 DVD for a small charge? Has anybody ever heard of Apple doing this?
  • Reply 3 of 9
    They might if you take it to an Apple Store. Not sure though.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    dordaldordal Posts: 1member
    Has anybody gotten 10.5.2 from the Apple Stores yet?
  • Reply 5 of 9
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member
    I hope they skip to 10.5.3 for the next retail Update. Then I'll buy it.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    instead of hoping/waiting, why not do this:

1)Buy OS X Leopard (currently at 10.5.1)

2)Download all the updates up to 10.5.2 and save the packages.

3)Copy all the packages into a CD-R.

So if there comes a time you need to reinstall 10.5, every update package in waiting for you n a CD-R. Strongly recommended, since 10.5.2 is astronomically huge at 150+MB if im not wrong.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sonadow View Post

instead of hoping/waiting, why not do this:

1)Buy OS X Leopard (currently at 10.5.1)

2)Download all the updates up to 10.5.2 and save the packages.

3)Copy all the packages into a CD-R.

So if there comes a time you need to reinstall 10.5, every update package in waiting for you n a CD-R. Strongly recommended, since 10.5.2 is astronomically huge at 150+MB if im not wrong.

The Boot and Installer bugs worked out in 10.5.2 and future 10.5.3 clean up and will clean up where 10.5.1 didn't fix over 10.5 release that did have problems with volatile ram issues.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Apple rarely updates the retail disks. Since the only hardware that needs it is hardware that sold with the latest version of the OS anyways, this is not a deal-breaker for anyone.

If you really need to have disks for that, I would suggest looking up InstaDMG. It will suck in the disk you have, and then allow you to add other updates along with almost anything else you can install with a .pkg and it will spit out a NetRestore .dmg (of the ASR variety) that you can use to restore disks to the same state they would be in if you ran the installer disk on them. And it has the benefit of being an ASR, so will restore down to disk much faster.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    .mac.mac Posts: 44member
    i got 10.5.2 dvd with my mac book.. (18/03/2008)