Will Never Happen!

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 67
    I just wanted to say, I have warmed up to the idea of an xMac-ish computer since I started this thread. The result was exactly what I was looking for (just more hostile than expected). I just wanted people two argue two sides of the coin, or come up with valid reason for why I may be wrong in my opinion.

Some have succeeded with this and I now do, somewhat, believe that there is a market for this and that it might work. The only think I have to say is that Apple would be all over it if it was so urgent. Obviously they are not...for now.
  • Reply 62 of 67
    I think the gap for the xMac opens up more and more with the new iMacs. The displays are not up to the task for all the prosumers with shiny new DSLRs. Should they all really buy a Mac Pro only to get a good display then?
  • Reply 63 of 67
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by firevsh2o View Post

I think the gap for the xMac opens up more and more with the new iMacs. The displays are not up to the task for all the prosumers with shiny new DSLRs. Should they all really buy a Mac Pro only to get a good display then?

This whole "prosumer" things is really a made up phenomenon. There is no such thing as a prosumer, its just a term someone coined to sell you more crap.

I agree with you with the gap however, but its a small gap to be honest. If it was that huge it would have been filled... and was, partially, with the Mac Mini (on the lower end of the spectrum).

• Reply 64 of 67
    randianrandian Posts: 76member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacBookAir77 View Post

No one likes the Mini and one is really buying the Mini

I like the Mini! I don't even mind that it has integrated graphics. What I don't like is that it's so far behind the curve in terms of standard features (GMA 950, small HD) that it's a poor value for its price. Apple should at least keep the Mini up with its entry-level Macbook. If the upcoming X4500HD is comparable to the AMD 780G in GPU performance a Mini with Nehalem and an X4500HD would be a sweet little machine!
  • Reply 65 of 67
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    hahahaha the mdotdobz got banned.

Now he can't argue with me. *ahem* There IS such a thing as a prosumer. A prosumer is a consumer that has evolved beyond what the industry thinks the average consumer would want.

I consider myself a prosumer. We've existed for years actually. Its just that now the market is finally realizing we exist and gave us our own name....the prosumer.

Oh, and guess what mdotdobz....MacTouch FTW! booyaaaaaa
  • Reply 66 of 67
    the 780G can use side port ram the X4500HD can't
  • Reply 67 of 67
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacJello View Post

There are countless different ways to use a computer. For some people the mini is probably great, but a 2.5 inch drive does not make sense in a desktop machine for a mac-enthusiast, a gamer, a creative pro, or even a grandmother with an interest in home video.

Amen, brother... We gave a MacMini to my Mother for Christmas and one of the first things she did was go out a buy an external hard drive for her music and pictures. She is actually a Great-Grandmother.