iPOD SCAM..NEED HELP

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
?I need your help. Today (Sat 29 March) I purchased an iPOD Classic Black 160GB from a Sears store. I paid for the iPOD, picked it up at merchandise pick-up, put it in the bag provided & left the store. Approximately 1 hour later, I peeled the shrink wrap from the box & found that it did not contain an iPOD. Instead eight AAA batteries were taped to what I assume is the iPOD packaging material inside the box. I returned to the store & requested a refund. The store manager said that it was not a Sears problem as I had left the store before I opened the box. She suggested I contact Apple. I did. Apple said it is not their problem it is Sears'. I have the names of all involved, the receipt, the packaging, & the Police Department Incident number.

From your personal experience is this a common SCAM. If so, how can I as the consumer gain a refund or replacement? If not, watch out, it could happen to you.

MagnumSRT8

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MagnumSRT8 View Post

?I need your help. Today (Sat 29 March) I purchased an iPOD Classic Black 160GB from a Sears store. I paid for the iPOD, picked it up at merchandise pick-up, put it in the bag provided & left the store. Approximately 1 hour later, I peeled the shrink wrap from the box & found that it did not contain an iPOD. Instead eight AAA batteries were taped to what I assume is the iPOD packaging material inside the box. I returned to the store & requested a refund. The store manager said that it was not a Sears problem as I had left the store before I opened the box. She suggested I contact Apple. I did. Apple said it is not their problem it is Sears'. I have the names of all involved, the receipt, the packaging, & the Police Department Incident number.

From your personal experience is this a common SCAM. If so, how can I as the consumer gain a refund or replacement? If not, watch out, it could happen to you.

MagnumSRT8

There was a theft, most likely by a Sears employee. Unfortunately, you were the victim.

Report your loss to store management, as well as to the police.

Hopefully you paid for the iPod with your credit card... you might be able to get your money back.