iPhone Desktop: Unleash the Leopard in Your Pocket

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Interesting look at a possible direction for the iPhone, includes mock-up images and 12 predictions.



http://shipsoftwareontime.com/2008/0...ur-pocket-299/

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by blogzoopa View Post


    Interesting look at a possible direction for the iPhone, includes mock-up images and 12 predictions.



    http://shipsoftwareontime.com/2008/0...ur-pocket-299/



    Here's an image (Photoshop) in case you don't want to hit the article:



  • Reply 2 of 14
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,291member
    And the price of the new monitor? Definitely pushes this past a combined $1,000 system already.



    Slogan is too close to Pocket Pool or something more "in your pocket" innuendoish.
  • Reply 3 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post


    And the price of the new monitor? Definitely pushes this past a combined $1,000 system already.



    Slogan is too close to Pocket Pool or something more "in your pocket" innuendoish.



    Actually, was thinking $399 for the iPhone & $299 for the iPhone Desktop (the docking station, pictured above) --- for a total of $698. Add a keyboard and mouse, and you're around $850 all together.
  • Reply 4 of 14
    irelandireland Posts: 17,645member
    What the hell is this?



    iPhone desktop could be a straight-froward Mac or PC app dude. When you're plugged in and you get a call iPhone desktop takes over. End of discussion.
  • Reply 5 of 14
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Posts: 1,772member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post


    What the hell is this?



    iPhone desktop could be a straight-froward Mac or PC app dude. When you're plugged in and you get a call iPhone desktop takes over. End of discussion.



    I agree. In fact, that actually sounds kind of interesting.



    This docking station thing, on the other hand, is crap. No one will want it.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,291member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by blogzoopa View Post


    Actually, was thinking $399 for the iPhone & $299 for the iPhone Desktop (the docking station, pictured above) --- for a total of $698. Add a keyboard and mouse, and you're around $850 all together.



    Apple doesn't sell a monitor for that price.
  • Reply 7 of 14
    irelandireland Posts: 17,645member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post


    Apple doesn't sell a monitor for that price.



    Agreed, he got a little carried away. Or he likes to smoke the funny stuff.
  • Reply 8 of 14
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post


    Apple doesn't sell a monitor for that price.



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post


    Agreed, he got a little carried away. Or he likes to smoke the funny stuff.



    Perhaps he was remembering this Apple patent.
  • Reply 9 of 14
    irelandireland Posts: 17,645member
    ,
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post


    Perhaps he was remembering this Apple patent.



    They are just messing with people. There's a patent that won't see the light of day, ever.
  • Reply 10 of 14
    rogzillarogzilla Posts: 145member
    You know what, I suddenly REALLY hope Apple does just randomly patent things just to f**k with us!
  • Reply 11 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by blogzoopa View Post


    Here's an image (Photoshop) in case you don't want to hit the article:







    The story got Dugg:



    http://digg.com/apple/iPhone_Desktop...ng_Station_299



    Digg it!
  • Reply 12 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by blogzoopa View Post


    The story got Dugg:



    http://digg.com/apple/iPhone_Desktop...ng_Station_299



    Digg it!



    Well now it must be a legitimate news story!!! Wow!!!
  • Reply 13 of 14
    k squaredk squared Posts: 608member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rogzilla View Post


    You know what, I suddenly REALLY hope Apple does just randomly patent things just to f**k with us!



    Apple patents many concepts which will never see the light of day or are impractical for the marketplace. They are more of engineering and design exercises to explore ideas.
  • Reply 14 of 14
    trobertstroberts Posts: 701member
    That is what I think the focus of Mac OS X 10.6 will be; tight integration between the Macs and the mobiles. You will be able to save files, Pages for instance, to your iPhone and use any mac that has a version of Pages able to open your file. As a matter of fact, the iPhone will show up in the "Save As" window so you can save any file to your iPhone. Another feature will be the ability to set up a "temp" account in Safari on any Mac so you can import your bookmarks, but will be deleted when you close Safari.
Sign In or Register to comment.