iPhone v2.0

Comments

• Reply 21 of 62
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    Does anyone know if the Firmware 1.2 (2.0) brings BLUETOOTH FILE TRANSFER? And what about MMS and FORWARDING SMS?
  • Reply 22 of 62
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Broadcom released a new integrated chip with a lot of features. It's the BCM21551. It's a likely chip for Apple to use. If they do end up using it, the iPhone would have these capabilities at it's disposal:

- HSUPA 5.8 Mbps, 7.2 Mbps HSDPA, and EDGE

- WCDMA for markets outside the US if Apple chooses

- Bluetooth 2.1 EDR

- Up to 5MP camera capabilities

- 30 fps, H.264, MPEG4 video with VGA resolution

- Advanced audio codec support: MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC, WMA, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, WB-AMR+

- FM receiver and transmitter

- Integrated ARM11 processor, currently running at 533MHz but can run up to 620MHz

- Supports USBOTG (USB on the go) up to 480Mbps for wireless, non-Wifi, syncing and data transfers.
  • Reply 23 of 62
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    that's an interesting approach, look for the most likely candidates for the chip and see what's the potential, what manufacture makes the present iphone chip? do they make a 3g type? who are the top candidates??anything out there integrated, wifi low power?
  • Reply 24 of 62
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    Everyone please read this article from 9to5mac concerning features that have been discovered in the latest revision of the sdk:

http://www.9to5mac.com/iphone_gets_print_bluetooth_voip

The WWDC 08 can't come quick enough!
  • Reply 25 of 62
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NOFEER View Post

that's an interesting approach, look for the most likely candidates for the chip and see what's the potential, what manufacture makes the present iphone chip? do they make a 3g type? who are the top candidates??anything out there integrated, wifi low power?

I know Apple uses the ARM1176 series from ARM as the CPU and an Infineon S-Gold2 chip that handles the EDGE and multimedia capabilities. And a separate Marvell W8686B13 chip for Wifi access, a separate chip for Bluetooth, a Skyworks SKY77340 chip for GSM/EDGE amplification, a Wolfson Audio processor, and the Micron MT9D112D00STC for imaging. Keep in mind, the Broadcom chip handles almost all that in one chip.

Also, possible leaked photo of the new iPhone:

[CENTER][/CENTER]
  • Reply 26 of 62
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NOFEER View Post

ok so why do i want firefox??? because for work i use citrix + firefox

http://www.citrix.com/site/SS/downlo...s.asp?dID=2755

citrix doesn't work on safari

that would be way cool to do my work with an iphone (i can do it now for the first time with my macbook and don't need windbloz

Huh? What are you using Citrix for that you can do on an iPhone?
  • Reply 27 of 62
    When looking at the above picture, remember this patent.
  • Reply 28 of 62
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Outsider View Post

I know Apple uses the ARM1176 series from ARM as the CPU and an Infineon S-Gold2 chip that handles the EDGE and multimedia capabilities. And a separate Marvell W8686B13 chip for Wifi access, a separate chip for Bluetooth, a Skyworks SKY77340 chip for GSM/EDGE amplification, a Wolfson Audio processor, and the Micron MT9D112D00STC for imaging. Keep in mind, the Broadcom chip handles almost all that in one chip.

Also, possible leaked photo of the new iPhone:

[CENTER][/CENTER]

That was already debunked on someone else's forum. Its probably a custom paint job by colowarepc. Which by the way will be the company that I buy my mactouch from. Gloss black with candy apple red accents!
  • Reply 29 of 62
    Didn't you guys read my link? Bluetooth streaming to speakers and printers. Its coming in iphone 2.0.

That right there should make someone happy.
  • Reply 30 of 62
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Olternaut View Post

That was already debunked on someone else's forum. Its probably a custom paint job by colowarepc. Which by the way will be the company that I buy my mactouch from. Gloss black with candy apple red accents!

Yeah, the debunk was debunked as well. Colorware stamps it's logo on everything and has a seam between the top portion and bottom portion like the current iPhone. Plus this phone is more tapered than the iPhone. And lastly, Colorware does not silkscreen the iPhone information on the backs. Unless they are in on the prank.
  • Reply 31 of 62
    Quote:

Yeah, the debunk was debunked as well. Colorware stamps it's logo on everything and has a seam between the top portion and bottom portion like the current iPhone. Plus this phone is more tapered than the iPhone. And lastly, Colorware does not silkscreen the iPhone information on the backs. Unless they are in on the prank.

So what is this then? Some other kind of custom? Because I know this isn't straight from Apple.
  • Reply 32 of 62
    One idea was it was a pre-June 2007 iPhone prototype.

It could also be an elaborate hoax. But, why now? 3 days after April 1?

Might also be a real prototype. Apple has been known to put their hardware in alternate casing that is not the final product. Think about it. Apple HAS to have people testing a 3G phone if they are to release one this summer. Either on campus or off.
  • Reply 33 of 62
    k squaredk squared Posts: 608member
    Well, the current nano and keyboards were leaked and most thought they were fake. I'll go out on a limb and say it's real, although the 8 GB might prove it's a fake.
  • Reply 34 of 62
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by k squared View Post

Well, the current nano and keyboards were leaked and most thought they were fake. I'll go out on a limb and say it's real, although the 8 GB might prove it's a fake.

Unless Apple intend on releasing 8-16-32GB configurations or the 8GB is simply for prototype testing.
  • Reply 35 of 62
    I've been reading about this pic over at 9to5mac and ipodobserver. Several forum posters have made pretty convincing arguments that this is a fakeroo. Sorry.
  • Reply 36 of 62
    What's the point of Apple having advanced Bluetooth if they cripple it so damn much!

No sync, no file transfer, no nothing..

I really hate Apple for this..

Quote:

Broadcom released a new integrated chip with a lot of features. It's the BCM21551. It's a likely chip for Apple to use. If they do end up using it, the iPhone would have these capabilities at it's disposal:

- Bluetooth 2.1 EDR

*snip*

• Reply 37 of 62
    I totally agree. BT is near useless on iphone.
  • Reply 38 of 62
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ZO View Post

What's the point of Apple having advanced Bluetooth if they cripple it so damn much!

No sync, no file transfer, no nothing..

I really hate Apple for this..

Damit go over to 9to5mac from my link!

Voip and bluetooth streaming to printers! Waitaminute. Look, point is you don't know and I don't know what will be included in the new version. So you have nothing to be angry over yet.
  • Reply 39 of 62
    Nothing to get angry about?

Printing over BT? WTF? Seriously, who the frak cares!?

BT file transfer has been available on other phones since... the beginning of time.

"Hey zo, want me to send you a cool ring tone?"

"Euh, sorry but my iPhone doesn't do that"

"You mean your 499$ super phone can't receive a file from my 4 year old Nokia?!? wtf?"

* awkward embarassed silence *

Pa.the.tic.

That's just the tip of the iceberg of crap the iPhone is useless at (no mms, no sms forwarding, a pathetic alarm notification, no selecting music for waking up/alarms, no bt sync, no Notes sync, no possibility of having the day's/upcoming calandar of events on front screen, etc etc etc etc...)

FFS When Apple actually gives us these pathetically basic things the whole interweb will cry out in joy like they were invented by Apple and media will gloss over the fact these functionalities have been around for the last decade by everyone else... it's sickening.
  • Reply 40 of 62
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ZO View Post

Nothing to get angry about?

Printing over BT? WTF? Seriously, who the frak cares!?

BT file transfer has been available on other phones since... the beginning of time.

"Hey zo, want me to send you a cool ring tone?"

"Euh, sorry but my iPhone doesn't do that"

"You mean your 499$ super phone can't receive a file from my 4 year old Nokia?!? wtf?"

* awkward embarassed silence *

Pa.the.tic.

That's just the tip of the iceberg of crap the iPhone is useless at (no mms, no sms forwarding, a pathetic alarm notification, no selecting music for waking up/alarms, no bt sync, no Notes sync, no possibility of having the day's/upcoming calandar of events on front screen, etc etc etc etc...)

FFS When Apple actually gives us these pathetically basic things the whole interweb will cry out in joy like they were invented by Apple and media will gloss over the fact these functionalities have been around for the last decade by everyone else... it's sickening.

I thought that was the point of the sdk though. If your not happy with it write your own app or buy a program for it. There will be hundreds available soon.