Electronic Fax???

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I was wondering if anyone knew of an electronic fax program that can be used with a broadband connection. I can't seem to find any. I don't have a fax machine and need to fax some documents and they won't accept email correspondence. Any help would be great! I'm using a MBP 2.2 with Leopard. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post

I was wondering if anyone knew of an electronic fax program that can be used with a broadband connection. I can't seem to find any. I don't have a fax machine and need to fax some documents and they won't accept email correspondence. Any help would be great! I'm using a MBP 2.2 with Leopard. Thanks in advance!

http://www.efax.com
  • Reply 2 of 9
    beowulfbeowulf Posts: 15member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by audiopollution View Post

http://www.efax.com

Hmm. Good option. I was hoping to see if there was a downloadable programs that would work for just outgoing faxes. Preferably something either free or very cheap. All I'm doing is faxing some weekly blood sugar results to my endocrinologist. There wouldn't be a need to receive anything back. All I want to do is fax to his office about once a week. It's really just for convenience, instead of printing it out and taking it to work to fax. Thanks!

Beo
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Quote:

Hmm. Good option. I was hoping to see if there was a downloadable programs that would work for just outgoing faxes. Preferably something either free or very cheap. All I'm doing is faxing some weekly blood sugar results to my endocrinologist. There wouldn't be a need to receive anything back. All I want to do is fax to his office about once a week. It's really just for convenience, instead of printing it out and taking it to work to fax. Thanks!

Beo

Here's some software:

http://www.smileonmymac.com/pagesender/

Unfortunately, I don't think you'll find any free internet-->fax gateways, but you should be able to sort out a cheap provider.

Pagesender supports eFax and a couple of other services.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    beowulfbeowulf Posts: 15member
    Cool. Thanks!
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Quote:

Cool. Thanks!

Hi, have u tried faxing through modem? E.G. cellphone fax? OS X text editor can send faxes throug pdf printer, you just need modem.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Yeah I think a phone line is probably your cheapest and easiest option. Just open the document, hit print and in the PDF menu just send as a fax and type in the number. I've done this myself to a fax machine and it works well.

If you don't have a modem like the newer computers, you can use a USB one or as mentioned, use a mobile phone as a modem. I've managed to use the GPRS internet on my mobile to get my Mac to go online over bluetooth while I got my broadband and there is an option to use the device as a dial-up modem. This may cost more money than using your land-line though.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    bambabamba Posts: 1member
    Hi,

You can use www.faxzero.com to send faxes and www.faxsv.com to receive. Both free.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Well buddies, I had faxed an important paper from a personal fax machine at a small business store. Now the person on the receiving end wants evidence that I did actually fax something to that number before a certain time on a certain day. I have Verizon. Is there any way I would be able to get that information so that I could show it to that person? Any helpful input would be greatly appreciated.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    twb01twb01 Posts: 3member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Yeah I think a phone line is probably your cheapest and easiest option. Just open the document, hit print and in the PDF menu just send as a fax and type in the number. I've done this myself to a fax machine and it works well.

If you don't have a modem like the newer computers, you can use a USB one or as mentioned, use a mobile phone as a modem. I've managed to use the GPRS internet on my mobile to get my Mac to go online over bluetooth while I got my broadband and there is an option to use the device as a dial-up modem. This may cost more money than using your land-line though.

I have a USB modem with my G5, am unable to send a fax (was so easy on my G3!). The document appears to dial and transmit, then it stops.