Freeware proxy software?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I'm looking for a freeware proxy program for OS9 or OSX. Actually any freeware program that will allow me to share one dialup line and still use the system that's running the software. I know this isn't an good setup but my situation requires it for the time being. The internet is used very little, but there are times when two people need to use it simultaneously for brief spurts.

I tried IPNetRouter, and it worked well, but the company that I'm getting the software for is a non-profit with almost no budget until May. We literally couldn't afford the $60, and I know similar programs (except free) are widely available for linux systems. Any clue where I might find one for Mac platform?

Many thanks,

Scott

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    If you are using Mac OS X 10.2 'Jaguar', you can share your internet connection. No need for other software because it's built right in the system software.

Open System Preferences, go to 'Sharing', then to the tab 'Internet' and activate Internet Sharing.

HTH
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Thank you, I will give that a try. Much appreciation for the quick response.