Mac to Phone

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Since search doesn't work...I can't find my old thread.

Anyway this a new development, the first app I believe to claim to place free calls from a Mac to a regular phone. However I can't get it to work.

Linkage edit:

The <a href="http://versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/18544"; target="_blank">VersionTracker page</a>

[ 03-02-2003: Message edited by: Aquatic ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    try command-clicking the link
  • Reply 2 of 8
    bluesignsbluesigns Posts: 315member
    let me know how that works out. i'm interested but i'm a fraidy-cat today. i'm working under deadline and can't risk weirding things out on this machine right now.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Paul does that link not work? I meant I can't get ohphone to call a regular telephone, it says "Command ? not executed" or something like that.

This app could save me lots of money from phone cards!!
  • Reply 4 of 8
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    heh i was just playing around

next time link to the product page instead of the downloadlink
  • Reply 5 of 8
    A new version is out. Still won't work, same problem it looks like.

My dorm phone:

[quote]Listening interfaces : ALL:1720

kevinmacleod is calling host 14018741325

Command ? Transport error calling "ip$14018741325"

Call Status Ended

<hr></blockquote>
  • Reply 6 of 8
    mrbilldatamrbilldata Posts: 489member
    Were do you get the idea that ohphoneX can call other phones.

It does system to system and system to telephony systems( <a href="http://www.h323forum.org/"; target="_blank">H.323</a> gateway to dial services).

That looks like a phone number, are you connecting to an H.323 telephony system?

Many large corporations provide this gateway, but I am not aware of anyone selling the service to the general public yet.

[ 03-06-2003: Message edited by: MrBillData ]</p>
  • Reply 7 of 8
    [quote] ll as Mac-to-Phone through Internet telephony providers that allow you access their H.323 call gateway.

<hr></blockquote>

How do I do that then? All I want is an app to call a phone from my comp, is that possible? I've seen apps that will charge for it but that defeats the purpose since I might as well buy a phone card!
  • Reply 8 of 8
    well ohPhoneX or whatever it's dumb name is has been updated twice again. I just want to call home from my dorm over the net! Is this possible?