Plausible new Macbook design?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I was trolling the webs and I found this picture.

This image, by no means, was made by me. Just seemed to me that even though it was created in 2007, it fits the description in the AppleInsider report perfectly.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    There were similar pictures posted in the comment's on Monday in the "Apple notebook lines to see major design changes, sources " article. Page 2 of comment's.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    I don't think so.

It's too thin. What's to REALLY differentiate this and the MBA? I think it's too close.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Not plausible, it's thinner that the Air - that's unpossible.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    um, how about implausible and impossible instead?
  • Reply 5 of 11
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinf View Post

That's unpossible
  • Reply 6 of 11
    elronelron Posts: 126member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinf View Post

Not a Simpsons fan, eh?
  • Reply 7 of 11
    The back is wrong.... it has a circular hinge, to reminicsent of the sony vaio line

I belive we will begin to see slightly tapered edges (like those of air, but thicker... almost reminiscent of the tapering of the clamshell/toilet seat ibooks) and alternating aluminum and black sections on the cover.

I also don't belive they are going to keep thinning and thinning... all it does is make everything get an air tag... i have a feeling we are going to see in the next few years a mac mini air, imac air, macbook air pro
  • Reply 8 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Steve's son View Post

There were similar pictures posted in the comment's...

...Page 2 of comment's.

Comment's what?
  • Reply 9 of 11
    hobbithobbit Posts: 532member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DeanShu View Post

This image, by no means, was made by me. Just seemed to me that even though it was created in 2007, it fits the description in the AppleInsider report perfectly.

It's just a phtoshopped image combining Apple's wireless keyboard with MacBook Air trackpad and iMac designs.

It's too obviously copied from all 3.

While Apple should try to get their overall product range look more consistent, it won't be like 1:1 miniature copies.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member
    Unless all integrated motherboards and heat transfer materials have suddenly lossed all but about 10mm of height in their design this is hoping for exotic motherboard materials and ICs that don't exist unless you think Johnny Neumonic roll out keyboards have arrived.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    nace33nace33 Posts: 94member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

Unless all integrated motherboards and heat transfer materials have suddenly lossed all but about 10mm of height in their design this is hoping for exotic motherboard materials and ICs that don't exist unless you think Johnny Neumonic roll out keyboards have arrived.

Like this

http://www.coolest-gadgets.com/20060...ible-keyboard/

jk