Aluminum MacBook, iMac-like MacBook Pro mocks leaked?

Comments

• Reply 21 of 58
    mchumanmchuman Posts: 154member
    the new designs will have a flushed radius on the edges like the nano and mac book air :

• Reply 22 of 58
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Huh?! Where did this tirate come from? I see nothing in the article about glossy screens. Since the MBPS have had the option for either since their inception, and there are plenty of graphic designers that will not use a glossy screen it seems to be a safe bet that Apple will continue offering matte in the future.

Not to get too nitpicky, but the original MacBook Pro did not have the option of a glossy display. They came in matte only. It was after the MacBook debuted with a glossy display that Apple started offering it as an option with the MacBook Pro.
  • Reply 23 of 58
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Huh?! Where did this tirate come from? I see nothing in the article about glossy screens. Since the MBPS have had the option for either since their inception, and there are plenty of graphic designers that will not use a glossy screen it seems to be a safe bet that Apple will continue offering matte in the future.

Well we have no option on the iMac anymore except glare-filled glossy. Unless you work in a pitch black environment -it's a problem. I remember for the original iMac G3s - Scotch 3M sold attachable antiglare screens for this very reason. You are constantly shifting to avoid glare.
  • Reply 24 of 58
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shiato storm View Post

cheap, tacky imitations... one even looks like a Dell

Well the current iMac looks like a Dell especially from the rear.
  • Reply 25 of 58
    fuyutsukifuyutsuki Posts: 293member
    Ireland's nailed it. Proven fake.
  • Reply 26 of 58
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kwoon View Post

This is clearly a fake!

Check this out: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...=467134&page=8 # 178

I took that image and made it the same size as the Macbook Pro image from this rumor. As you can see in my attachments they are pretty much the same with one exception. The screen. But, I the I took a look at the aspect on the screen on the rumored macbook pro and realized it wasn?t 16:10 witch it always is on laptops.

They aren't always. The original Apple widescreen notebook had a 1.5:1 ratio. I think some of the G4 powerbooks had some less usual ratios.
  • Reply 27 of 58
    initiatorinitiator Posts: 104member
    Man, I hope they don't use the Air's keyboard. I hate that chicklet keyboard. Who thinks this is a good idea? Have you tried doing serious typing on it? Hate it.
  • Reply 28 of 58
    Jesus you guys have a poor grasp of the english language; "mockups" are NOT, and CANNOT be the "real deal" sort of by definition. It's a Mockup. highlight that word and look it up on your snazzy in-line OS X dictionary people! Of COURSE these are FAKE, all mockups ARE!

Now whether or not they're mockups apple would base their product lineup on is a different question. I tend to believe that they are mere products of someone's imagination rather than Apple-branded mockups.
  • Reply 29 of 58
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by initiator View Post

Man, I hope they don't use the Air's keyboard. I hate that chicklet keyboard. Who thinks this is a good idea? Have you tried doing serious typing on it? Hate it.

I prefer the chicklet keyboard. It's much better than my PB keyboard of yore.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by random bob, a.r.c. View Post

Jesus you guys have a poor grasp of the english language; "mockups" are NOT, and CANNOT be the "real deal" sort of by definition. It's a Mockup. highlight that word and look it up on your snazzy in-line OS X dictionary people! Of COURSE these are FAKE, all mockups ARE!

Now whether or not they're mockups apple would base their product lineup on is a different question. I tend to believe that they are mere products of someone's imagination rather than Apple-branded mockups.

A poor grasp of language can also mean reading comprehension. I am fairly certain that everyone else who read the word "mockup" on this thread read it as "mockup by Apple as the next likely design for their MB/MBP line". Otherwise there would be no story here. The article also mentions a .Mac account, which is easily had, and an @apple.com address, which is not easily had, which gives very minor credibility to this story.

It casual settings we tend to omit words to help with the flow of conversations because writing in a Vulcanized, legalize type format is dull and difficult, even though it is more thorough.
  • Reply 30 of 58
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:

I tend to believe that they are mere products of someone's imagination rather than Apple-branded mockups.

They usually are just some fan's fantasy. The times that you know they probably aren't is if Apple legal demands the picture be withdrawn.
  • Reply 31 of 58
    As somebody pointed out, the aspect ratio of the screen is off and the size of the keyboard implies that the mock-up is not a 13" screen - they're fake.
  • Reply 32 of 58
    regardless of validity, the MBP looks ugly.
  • Reply 33 of 58
    lafelafe Posts: 252member
    Quote:

I vastly prefer the MBA keyboard to any MB or MBP keyboard. I type on it all the time,

at blinding speeds. I have no problems with it. (Yes, I've used the others also.)

To each their own, I guess.
  • Reply 34 of 58
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lafe View Post

I vastly prefer the MBA keyboard to any MB or MBP keyboard. I type on it all the time,

at blinding speeds. I have no problems with it. (Yes, I've used the others also.)

To each their own, I guess.

I agree, it's leaps and bounds better in every respect.
  • Reply 35 of 58
    Quote:

Of course, but the description also claims they're from an Apple employee. Which is pure B.S.
  • Reply 36 of 58
    look at the outside radius of the pro's monitor. Now look at the shaded portion of the radius of the body of the laptop. The monitor radius is shown to be larger than the bottom part of the shell.
  • Reply 37 of 58
    glossgloss Posts: 506member
    Quote:

I hate that chicklet keyboard. Who thinks this is a good idea? Have you tried doing serious typing on it? Hate it.

Love it.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by FuturePastNow View Post

Of course, but the description also claims they're from an Apple employee. Which is pure B.S.

They were, though, found on a .Mac site that contained legitimate login/password information for an @apple.com iTunes account.
  • Reply 38 of 58
    glossgloss Posts: 506member
    [deleted]
  • Reply 39 of 58
    Quote:

I love chiclets. The keyboard is great too.
  • Reply 40 of 58
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

They stole one of the mock-ups (from Adokimus) and slapped a bleedin' "Tiger" desktop on it. A lousy fake at best - very surprised AI took the bait.

Why would you be surprised? I'm not.