Ipod touch as a PDA

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Im sure this has been asked already but cant find any posts....

Does anyone use or have views on using the Ipod touch as a PDA. Well i say PDA all i really i need it for is a good calender which can easily add events, move events to new day etc... a good to do list - which allows me to have several categories of lists etc... and contacts.

I currently use an HTC Touch pda phone for my pda and phone which works fine although a tad slow..... but the Touch is soooooooo cool and would allow me to combine pda with ipod and just go back to using a seperate normal phone.

If anyone could let me know how the touch lives up to being the basic pda that i need that would be great

cheers

chris

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    toxotestoxotes Posts: 102member
    The Touch has a nice calendar but I find its reminders frequently don't get my attention (it makes a beeping sound once and then leaves something on your screen until you acknowledge it). The problem is if you aren't around it when it beeps you may miss your event. It also doesn't have any To-Do list capabilities as far as I can tell. For everything else PDA-like I think it's great (i.e., contacts, Notepad, even Mail if you have a wireless connection).
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by toxotes View Post

The Touch has a nice calendar but I find its reminders frequently don't get my attention (it makes a beeping sound once and then leaves something on your screen until you acknowledge it). The problem is if you aren't around it when it beeps you may miss your event. It also doesn't have any To-Do list capabilities as far as I can tell. For everything else PDA-like I think it's great (i.e., contacts, Notepad, even Mail if you have a wireless connection).

thanks tox - decided to buy an iphone and tey using it as a PDA - if i dont like it I can always glof it on ebay

thanks for reply

chris
  • Reply 3 of 3
    toxotestoxotes Posts: 102member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mcdermott_c View Post

thanks tox - decided to buy an iphone and tey using it as a PDA - if i dont like it I can always glof it on ebay

thanks for reply

chris

No problem. Good luck with your iPhone!