Micorosoft Office Rebate??

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Has anyone else had issues getting their "free" copy of Microsoft Office 2008? It took about 8 weeks to process the voucher (expected), and since the first email saying they had everything and it was in process, I've received 2 more saying the product is on backorder with a ship date of late April and a second date now pushed out past May.

It's almost comical. I'm not in a big hurry to upgrade but I find it interesting that one of the world's largest software producers can't manage to fulfill the order.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    royboyroyboy Posts: 458member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by thiad98 View Post

Has anyone else had issues getting their "free" copy of Microsoft Office 2008? It took about 8 weeks to process the voucher (expected), and since the first email saying they had everything and it was in process, I've received 2 more saying the product is on backorder with a ship date of late April and a second date now pushed out past May.

It's almost comical. I'm not in a big hurry to upgrade but I find it interesting that one of the world's largest software producers can't manage to fulfill the order.

No real problems here. The first Mac Office 2008 Microsoft sent to me was not the Media Edition. I emailed them, they corrected it and sent me Mac Office Media Edition 2008. 2 for the price of postage is not too shabby considering what I've paid for previous editions. With 6 licenses (3 for each) I could run it on 6 Macs. But, of course, one Mac is enough.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    I'm feeling better today. I got a new email with a tracking number.

Now, let's hope it's the right version, but 6 for the price of 1 is very nice!

• Reply 3 of 3
    kenrc51kenrc51 Posts: 31member
    How do you get a free copy? let me know, i want a free copy. thanks