Airport Extreme basestation vs. Linksys WRT350N

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hi,

between the Airport Extreme basestation and the Linksys WRT350N, which is the better router.

Both offer similar performance: n-standard, shared network drive, print-server, gigabit-ethernet and strong antennas... I'm planning to substitute a D-Link g-standard router which needs a lot of restarts because it looses it's wireless network. it just doesn't work well..

So... what's you opinion? Or are there other option (for the same or lower price)?

thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by future-ex-pc-user View Post

Hi,

between the Airport Extreme basestation and the Linksys WRT350N, which is the better router.

Both offer similar performance: n-standard, shared network drive, print-server, gigabit-ethernet and strong antennas... I'm planning to substitute a D-Link g-standard router which needs a lot of restarts because it looses it's wireless network. it just doesn't work well..

So... what's you opinion? Or are there other option (for the same or lower price)?

thanks.

I had a ton of issues with my airport extreme base station constantly restarting, and dropping all wireless connections. from reading a ton of posts about this on the apple forums, it seems to have something to do with running torrent software. I haven't used torrent software and since the newest update, I haven't had those problems, although the range is still not as good as advertised.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Ask and you shall receive.