What's "Conversation"?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Buy Apple (AAPL - Cramer's Take - Stockpickr), Jim Cramer said on CNBC's "Stop Trading!" segment Monday.

Cramer said that there is a "grudging recognition" in the market, especially after Nokia's (NOK - Cramer's Take - Stockpickr) cautious guidance, that the iPhone will continue to win among smart phones. He said the iPhone is "huge, and when we get the next iteration ... it's going to be game, set, match." He also remarked that "there's no stock for sale. They keep buying it up."

Cramer also said that a new Mac product, Conversation, will bring Apple to the forefront of instant messaging. He said the product will be similar to the iPod in its impact. "The analysts don't see it because the analysts don't use it," he said. "I think this is a gigantic product."

I know Cramer's full of it, and this affirmation likely spells disaster for the stock this week but...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bandalay View Post

Buy Apple (AAPL - Cramer's Take - Stockpickr), Jim Cramer said on CNBC's "Stop Trading!" segment Monday.

Cramer said that there is a "grudging recognition" in the market, especially after Nokia's (NOK - Cramer's Take - Stockpickr) cautious guidance, that the iPhone will continue to win among smart phones. He said the iPhone is "huge, and when we get the next iteration ... it's going to be game, set, match." He also remarked that "there's no stock for sale. They keep buying it up."

Cramer also said that a new Mac product, Conversation, will bring Apple to the forefront of instant messaging. He said the product will be similar to the iPod in its impact. "The analysts don't see it because the analysts don't use it," he said. "I think this is a gigantic product."

I know Cramer's full of it, and this affirmation likely spells disaster for the stock this week but...

Great find.

It's weird, that someone like Kramer would just sort of toss out a bombshell like that without any context. You might expect a passing reference to "rumored product in the pipeline that may be a game changer" or some such, but not the specific product name, or with such lofty expectations.

Well, if he suddenly dies of a mysterious illness after being seen with black turtleneck clad strangers, we'll know he was on to something.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Conversation used to be an IRC app for Mac.

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/12666

I have no idea, though, if this has anything to do with what he spoke of. 'Conversation' is such a generic word...
  • Reply 3 of 4
    dcj001dcj001 Posts: 301member
    iChat AV.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    bandalaybandalay Posts: 116member