Safari v.64

Comments

• Reply 21 of 87
    minimeminime Posts: 3member
    Anyone actually made AutoComplete work? I haven't seen a contextual menu item for it in a form, nor a keystroke command or menu item. What gives?
  • Reply 22 of 87
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    [quote]Originally posted by MiniMe:

<strong>Anyone actually made AutoComplete work? I haven't seen a contextual menu item for it in a form, nor a keystroke command or menu item. What gives?</strong><hr></blockquote>

this i CAN comment on... you have to activate the debug menu in safari, using a line in the terminal. it'll then appear as a menu item in that debug menu. look through the first page of posts in the AI message thread titled "Safari - Tabs - done!" to find the instructions.
  • Reply 23 of 87
    Done all that. Have tabs, etc. But in the debug menu I have two options: "AutoComplete Forms with Past Data" and "AutoComplete Forms with Address Book." Neither seems to be a command (nor have a shortcut). They just have a checkmark when selected (like the "Block Pop-Ups" option in the Safari window. Any ideas on how to fill an actual form?
  • Reply 24 of 87
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>

here we go again...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Ok, if this thread is going to turn out like that last Safari thread, listen closely...

You people need to really watch yourselves.

The last thread degenerated into the pathetic ramblings of angst ridden teenagers, and I konw most of you aren't, but we had to delete so many posts because they weren't neceesary and violated the posting guidelines.

So play nice this time, people
  • Reply 25 of 87
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    Nope, but it does rock that I can open folders in tabs. Woooooooo!
  • Reply 26 of 87
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Yeah, I've had my say on tabs.

Moving AHEAD:

How fast is it?

Tell us more about the contextual goodies~

Keychain access would be nice.

Any way to switch on/off all the menubars in one swell foop?

The guys are really moving along with this thing.
  • Reply 27 of 87
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    How do you activate tabs? Do you need safari enhancer to be installed? Command-T does nothing for me.
  • Reply 28 of 87
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    Never mind. Problem solved. Cool.
  • Reply 29 of 87
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    [quote]Originally posted by MiniMe:

<strong>Done all that. Have tabs, etc. But in the debug menu I have two options: "AutoComplete Forms with Past Data" and "AutoComplete Forms with Address Book." Neither seems to be a command (nor have a shortcut). They just have a checkmark when selected (like the "Block Pop-Ups" option in the Safari window. Any ideas on how to fill an actual form?</strong><hr></blockquote>

someone correct me if i am wrong here, but i THINK safari uses your address book in order to form autocomplete. so whenever it senses that you're starting an address or name that corresponds to a name in the AB, it'll kick in autocomplete.

again, this is based off what i have heard, not actually used, so take it for what it's worth.
  • Reply 30 of 87
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    [quote]Originally posted by Jonathan:

<strong>it opens the entire folder's worth of pages in seperate tabs.</strong><hr></blockquote>OK. Doesn't it seem like it should say "Open All in Tabs?"
  • Reply 31 of 87
    Rok-

AutoComplete seems not to be picking up anything. Hopefully, they'll get to this soon....
  • Reply 32 of 87
    I have to say that versiontracker looks MUCH better without those hideous black lines of v62.

I'd say that, in general, the display/rendering of v64 is much nicer.
  • Reply 33 of 87
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    v.64 renders a lot of pages with hideous lime green text...is there any way to stop that?
  • Reply 34 of 87
    elricelric Posts: 230member
    Where are you guys downloading this at?
  • Reply 35 of 87
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    do you have an ADC membership?

if you don't then you can't get information on how to get it here

cough**aim**cough
  • Reply 36 of 87
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Bad places.
  • Reply 37 of 87
    firehcfirehc Posts: 368member
    my post was deleted?

i just asked u to pm me if u want to link
  • Reply 38 of 87
    [quote]Originally posted by rok:

<strong>well, having used v62 at work (would someone please link to v64, just briefly???)</strong><hr></blockquote>

<a href="http://www.carracho.com"; target="_blank">Carracho</a>
  • Reply 39 of 87
    [quote]Originally posted by iBrowse:

<strong>Bad places.</strong><hr></blockquote>

My understanding is that it's okay to download this because it's an open source project.

I'd like the "open in tabs" feature to be for all bookmark folders not just those in the bookmarks bar. And I'd like to be able to "bookmark all tabs" like I can with Camino/Chimera.
  • Reply 40 of 87
    foadfoad Posts: 717member
    Has any noticed a little bug that when you CMD-click a link to open it in a new tab, the link actually opens up a new window with two tabs, one blank and the second tab being the actual link? I anna know if I am the only one with this issue.