iPhone sold out everywhere. new model coming in?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
hello, i went to my local apple store today to purchase an iPhone and the girl told me they didn't have any, and that no store in massachusetts had any...

so i called two other stores here, and they were sold out. i called the providence store, sold out. i call the three NYC stores and they also were sold out...

so what's going on?? is this a sign that a new iPhone is coming in, or just that apple can't make enough of them?

the guy from the 5th avenue store said "we have no idea when we're gonna be getting them in"

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    I dont mean to be rude or anything, but you should probably look at some of the other topics before posting...
  • Reply 2 of 9
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iJay View Post

hello, i went to my local apple store today to purchase an iPhone and the girl told me they didn't have any, and that no store in massachusetts had any...

so i called two other stores here, and they were sold out. i called the providence store, sold out. i call the three NYC stores and they also were sold out...

so what's going on?? is this a sign that a new iPhone is coming in, or just that apple can't make enough of them?

the guy from the 5th avenue store said "we have no idea when we're gonna be getting them in"

Try ATT.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post

I dont mean to be rude or anything, but you should probably look at some of the other topics before posting...

An amazing first post. Wow.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    ijayijay Posts: 57member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post

sorry, i looked around but didnt see anything
  • Reply 5 of 9
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Sounds like something is coming soon. Logic says that the new iPhone will be released in June sometime, after (or possible at) the WWDC. My gut tells me a new 3G iPhone, hardware only, will be out in May sometimes, probably with a 1.1.5 software update, only for that phone, and it will get the 2.0 software update in June along with the other 2G iPhones. The only reason why I suspect this is because of the poor sales in Europe and the push to release in new markets have changed their plans to release new hardware and software at the same time in late June. We will see.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Outsider View Post

Sounds like something is coming soon. Logic says that the new iPhone will be released in June sometime, after (or possible at) the WWDC. My gut tells me a new 3G iPhone, hardware only, will be out in May sometimes, probably with a 1.1.5 software update, only for that phone, and it will get the 2.0 software update in June along with the other 2G iPhones. The only reason why I suspect this is because of the poor sales in Europe and the push to release in new markets have changed their plans to release new hardware and software at the same time in late June. We will see.

That's an interesting theory. I think most people assumed that the new iPhone wouldn't be out until the 2.0 software is out, but I suppose there's nothing stopping them from putting the hardware out early, since the 2.0 software will be a free update.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Unless of course you own an iPod touch!
  • Reply 8 of 9
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member
    I just thought of something.

Apple may release the 3G phone sooner than June but then in June announce a new 32 GB model when iPhone OS 2 comes out.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iJay View Post

sorry, i looked around but didnt see anything

ah ok then, I just get kinda annonyed when I come to the forums to look for something new, and theres about 10 new topics all on the same thing, but if u didn't see anthing than thats fine