Dock Minimizes To the right

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi!

I dont know why this happens, but any way i try to minimize my dock, it always goes down to the right side of the screen, like it thinks that is the middle. Heres a picture;

bp3.blogger.com/_WVsqfoL8aF4/SBJGt8BAHUI/AAAAAAAAAAU/hNvdQ8W_sk8/s1600-h/Picture+2.Png

Thanks,

Adam

PS. Im running leopard on a previous Gen. iMac

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Do you have Tinker Tool installed, by any chance?
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Do you have Tinker Tool installed, by any chance?

Nope, i dont have tinker tool installed.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    sorry, just realized i have something similar installed, called secret. Could this be the cause of my problem?
  • Reply 4 of 8
    I asked because Tinker Tool exposes a hidden option to pin the dock to a corner, which is what appears to be happening.

Try going to users/library/preferences/com.apple.dock.plist and moving that to your desktop, then log out and back in.

If you have a corrupted dock prefs file, that will force a new one.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Im so sorry. I just just realized that I have dock pinning to end in secrets. I don't remember doing that, but i must have. Im sorry for wasting your time. But thanks for telling me about tinker tools to lead me to my secrets prefence pane.

Thanks,

Adam
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macgeek33 View Post

sorry, just realized i have something similar installed, called secret. Could this be the cause of my problem?

Could be, does it allow pinning? Maybe you just have a pref mis-toggled. At any rate, if its a Dock modifier, it's certainly under suspicion.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Heh. I'm one post behind you. Glad you got it sorted.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Heh. I'm one post behind you. Glad you got it sorted.

thanks