Apple plans retail tweaks as Fenway teaser appears in Boston

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by natego1 View Post

Have you ever even been to Boston??? We care plenty about things going on in the world.. Bostonians (and Massachusettsians?) are have just as much fervor about world issues as they do about their sports teams. We have plenty of the best scientific institutions in the country, practically hundreds of colleges, successful and innovative companies, etc. Our "fervor" for sports is simply a reflection of our "fervor" in general...

I've been there many times, thank you. Just my opinion. Still, Boston is better than any Red State city. It's just that many of its citizens take sports way too seriously kind of like how Red State towns take high school football way too seriously. Again, just my opinion. You're more likely to see "Yuck the Fankees" bumperstickers on cars in Boston than political ones like you would in San Francisco, Portland, Oregon or Seattle.

And, having hundreds of colleges doesn't necessarily make your citizens that much more intelligent. A lot of those graduates leave. Yes, Boston has a lot of fine companies but the Silicon Valley, where Apple resides, has a whole lot more - Apple, Intel, HP, Oracle, Adobe Systems, Sun Microsystems, Cisco Systems and many, many more. And Stanford and UC Berkeley are as good as any Boston University in many areas.

That's just my observation. Carry on.
  • Reply 22 of 23
    pfm21pfm21 Posts: 1member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sfliberal View Post

I agree with some of the other posters that Boston is way too obsessed with sports (and Dunkin Donuts). Seriously, it's out of balance with what is going on in the World. Sure, everyone loves their local teams but I have rarely seen such irrational fervor and lack of concern for more important things in the World. Apple rules! Boston doesn't. Thank goodness Apple is headquartered in Northern California.

I have lived in Boston on and off for the last ten years and while I don't follow the Red Sox (or sports in general for that matter) I am perplexed by how people from other parts of the country are surprised by the fervor of the sports fans here. Have you never been to north London before a game at Highbury or even worse in the west of Paris before a PSG game? Even the famously tolerant and mild mannered Dutch are to be avoided before an Ajax game. Yes the T is a pain before Sox games but the 'frat boys' are generally much more friendly and pleasant than the fervent supporters you find everywhere else.

Perhaps (and I don;t know this for a fact since I don't follow sports) other stadiums in this country have followed a more suburban model and banished all the stadium out to the suburbs. Personally I favor the route Boston has taken keeping downtown a destination for everyone.
  • Reply 23 of 23
    Scaffolding manufacturer are those who make the various kinds of different- different small or big parts of scaffolding to be usable by a suitable mean for a work, this work may be related to the repairing of any building.

scaffolding companies