Can't Download Appliances

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I've VM Fusion running on my MBP.

I've been trying to download a Linux appliance but can't seem to get it to work. I hit the link download appliance and a screen comes up that says 'be patient while we process your request' and then I get a blank screen. Nothing else seems to happen.

What am I doing wrong? Has anyone had any trouble getting appliances to download?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    AFAIK, an appliance is hardware?usually dedicated to a single task. A Linux appliance would be an intelligent piece of hardware that uses Linux as its operating system. You can't download hardware.

If you have a link to this downloadable appliance, then you would be well-served to post it so that someone here can test it.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. Me View Post

AFAIK, an appliance is hardware?usually dedicated to a single task. A Linux appliance would be an intelligent piece of hardware that uses Linux as its operating system. You can't download hardware.

If you have a link to this downloadable appliance, then you would be well-served to post it so that someone here can test it.

Here.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    OK. So these are virtual appliances. When I try to download one, I get the following message:

Please be patient while we process your request.

Be patient.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:

OK. So these are virtual appliances. When I try to download one, I get the following message:

Please be patient while we process your request.

Be patient.

I do but nothing seems to happen. I get that screen as well.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by backtomac View Post

... I get that screen as well.

And it didn't occur to you that the problem might be on their end?
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:

And it didn't occur to you that the problem might be on their end?

Sure. It also occurred to me that the problem might be on my end.

I was hoping that someone who actually has downloaded a virtual appliance might enlighten me to the process in getting it running with VM Ware Fusion.