Secrecy of Apple?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Is the secrecy of Apple to benefit itself for the hype it creates?

Or is it to help the customer who doesn't feel bad about buying things if he doesn't know something better is coming?

Companies like Intel or AMD have big roadmaps that document what their plans are for the market. Even Microsoft has been known to forecast things here and there.

What's up Apple?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 32
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    Please don't feed the trolls. They came back for seconds.
  • Reply 2 of 32
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    DigitalChan is suddenly making a real reputation for himself.
  • Reply 3 of 32
    Why is it no okay to question Apple's business practices? Is Steve Jobs that good?

I think he needs to stop parking in the handicapped space at Apple's HQ... Seriously how disrespectful is that.

http://www.wired.com/techbiz/it/magazine/16-04/bz_apple

I guess he thinks as much as himself as Apple fanboys do.
  • Reply 4 of 32
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

DigitalChan is suddenly making a real reputation for himself.

What reputation? Who?

Hint: Ignore file is a great way to make them go away... when denied the attention they crave, they turn pink and get this throbbing vein in their forehead before blowing up and announcing their departure in a final effort to garner attention. It's kind of cute, really...

Now there's an idea... can we keep DigitalChan as a pet? I mean sure, he craps all over everything, can't stop yapping, and isn't the brightest thing around, but gosh darn it, he's soooooo cuuuuuuuuute...
  • Reply 5 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post

What reputation? Who?

Hint: Ignore file is a great way to make them go away... when denied the attention they crave, they turn pink and get this throbbing vein in their forehead before blowing up and announcing their departure in a final effort to garner attention. It's kind of cute, really...

Now there's an idea... can we keep DigitalChan as a pet? I mean sure, he craps all over everything, can't stop yapping, and isn't the brightest thing around, but gosh darn it, he's soooooo cuuuuuuuuute...

And Asian. Who doesn't like an asian you racist.
  • Reply 6 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DigitalChan View Post

And Asian. Who doesn't like an asian you racist.

Golly, and here I was, not assuming that 'Chan' had anything to do with race. Silly, race-neutral me not making stereotypes and jumping to conclusions.

Thanks for updating your .sig - now I see where your ire comes from. You jumped ship at the lowest point, and missed out on the rise back. Man, thats gotta hurt. This also quite explains your issues regarding an inability to grok the basics of software engineering and language design. The rest of the industry has moved past Pascal. Do try to keep up.

Of course, that's assuming that your .sig isn't just so much more empty posturing... yup, gotta say, smells like more trolling to me.

Dangit, I went and did it again.
  • Reply 7 of 32
    Quote:

Golly, and here I was, not assuming that 'Chan' had anything to do with race. Silly, race-neutral me not making stereotypes and jumping to conclusions.

Thanks for updating your .sig - now I see where your ire comes from. You jumped ship at the lowest point, and missed out on the rise back. Man, thats gotta hurt. This also quite explains your issues regarding an inability to grok the basics of software engineering and language design. The rest of the industry has moved past Pascal. Do try to keep up.

Of course, that's assuming that your .sig isn't just so much more empty posturing... yup, gotta say, smells like more trolling to me.

I assumed you were referring to the tendency of people to refer to Asians as pets. It's an epidemic.

Oh an as far as "jumping ship" I'd call taking a better paying job with better managers at a better company a better move. Apple is full of rotten managers who all have an inherent snobbery about them. They are typical "dilbert" managers.
  • Reply 8 of 32
    minderbinderminderbinder Posts: 1,703member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hiro View Post

Please don't feed the trolls. They came back for seconds.

QFT.

Shoulda listened to him...
  • Reply 9 of 32
    mzaslovemzaslove Posts: 519member
    Quote:

I assumed you were referring to the tendency of people to refer to Asians as pets. It's an epidemic.

Really? Where? Never heard it. I gotta find out if it's true so I can follow up on it for dialoge purposes. Never heard of it myself, though. Even looked it up, asked a linguistics professor at UCLA and bunch of other writers. Not a peep.

Oops, I shoulda refrained. Sorry.
  • Reply 10 of 32
    Quote:

Not in the least.

Nor have I heard or been witness to this 'epidemic' of which you speak.

Quote:

Oh an as far as "jumping ship" I'd call taking a better paying job with better managers at a better company a better move. Apple is full of rotten managers who all have an inherent snobbery about them. They are typical "dilbert" managers.

I'm sure they had their share during that time, they were doing their best to sink the place. Almost did it, too. And I'm also sure that they seem to be doing fine now. Methinks your information is stale.

Now go in peace.
  • Reply 11 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by minderbinder View Post

QFT.

Shoulda listened to him...

I can't help it - have a frustrating day, and shooting fish in a barrel is kind of fun.
  • Reply 12 of 32
    piotpiot Posts: 1,346member
    Hi DigitalChan. Lovin' your work!

Though you might be able to use some of these titles for your future posts.

Why does nobody buy Macs anymore?

Why can't Apple be more like ... Dell?

Now that the iPod is a bust, what is 'the next big thing' from Apple?

Why does the iPhone smell funny?

Where is the headless iMac?

Poll: OS X. Crap or not. You decide.

Steve Jobs stole my Pony!
  • Reply 13 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by piot View Post

Hi DigitalChan. Lovin' your work!

Though you might be able to use some of these titles for your future posts.

Why does nobody buy Macs anymore?

Why can't Apple be more like ... Dell?

Now that the iPod is a bust, what is 'the next big thing' from Apple?

Why does the iPhone smell funny?

Where is the headless iMac?

Poll: OS X. Crap or not. You decide.

Steve Jobs stole my Pony!

"Steve Jobs stole my Pony!"

He's got you there Digi-Chan.

Boy am I punchy today.
  • Reply 14 of 32
    ROTFL Beautiful.
  • Reply 15 of 32
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:

• Reply 16 of 32
    Quote:

Not in the least.

Nor have I heard or been witness to this 'epidemic' of which you speak.

I'm sure they had their share during that time, they were doing their best to sink the place. Almost did it, too. And I'm also sure that they seem to be doing fine now. Methinks your information is stale.

Now go in peace.

unfortunately not. For anything its gotten worse since Steve Jobs has created a tendency of making "pompous" management okay. I've heard soo many horror stories.

As far as this asian pet story you should read the book called:

人種差別的な言葉の本 by 天武天皇

(I don't think there is a good english translation.)
  • Reply 17 of 32
    Quote:

unfortunately not. For anything its gotten worse since Steve Jobs has created a tendency of making "pompous" management okay. I've heard soo many horror stories.

As far as this asian pet story you should read the book called:

人種差別的な言葉の本 by 天武天皇

(I don't think there is a good english translation.)

There's not even a good Japanese translation....
  • Reply 18 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mzaslove View Post

There's not even a good Japanese translation....

It's no translation it's from the cover of a book in my grandfather's basement.
  • Reply 19 of 32
    Quote:

It's no translation it's from the cover of a book in my grandfather's basement.

"That was the funny part." That's the Emperor Temmu's book I take it in your grandfather's basement?
  • Reply 20 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mzaslove View Post

"That was the funny part." That's the Emperor Temmu's book I take it in your grandfather's basement?

Not really emperor I blame the poor i8ln support on Mac OS X for that.... I typed that while beta testing something on my MBP.