Issue with passwords

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
My computer (newer imac, last gen) has an issue with remembering passwords. It'll forget them in the middle of me using the internet. Usually it forgets what my Gmail password is (using the gmail notifier in the top right corner), it forgets my passwords on sites like this (every week or so) and it forgets certain things i do in certain programs (itll reset everything like i've never used it before).

anyone know what i can do to prevent this from happening? anyone else have the same issue?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    dontlookleftdontlookleft Posts: 158member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dontlookleft View Post

My computer (newer imac, last gen) has an issue with remembering passwords. It'll forget them in the middle of me using the internet. Usually it forgets what my Gmail password is (using the gmail notifier in the top right corner), it forgets my passwords on sites like this (every week or so) and it forgets certain things i do in certain programs (itll reset everything like i've never used it before).

anyone know what i can do to prevent this from happening? anyone else have the same issue?

still having the issue...

any one confused by what i said?

or what...?
  • Reply 2 of 8
    rob05aurob05au Posts: 348member
    Does this happen with the admin password?

Does it happen with web browser passwords?

A little more info about which apps or if system based would help give a much clearer answer.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rob05au View Post

Does this happen with the admin password?

Does it happen with web browser passwords?

A little more info about which apps or if system based would help give a much clearer answer.

i have this comp on autolog in, so it doesnt forget my admin pass.

Lets see...i use two instances of second life, and they always forget their passwords. when i open the game it acts as if ive never played it before.

in safari, itll forget my password and name for this page, along with every single other one (when it decides to forget them is completely random), like gmail, or facebook.

also, ive noticed that it doesnt remember the settings i use for folder viewing.[i.e list, columns, cover flow.]

anything else i need to explain? im more than glad to explain so i can get this fixed.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Which Mac OS X version?

Which version of safari?

Have you tried another browser? eg: firefox or camino

The list, columns, cover flow I also have issues with and seems to be a bug withe the finder and hopefully apple will fix it soon.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rob05au View Post

Which Mac OS X version?

Which version of safari?

Have you tried another browser? eg: firefox or camino

The list, columns, cover flow I also have issues with and seems to be a bug withe the finder and hopefully apple will fix it soon.

I'm using 10.5.2 (all up to date)

Safari 3.1.1

I use firefox every once in a while but i'm used to safari and prefer it for some reason.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    The problems are more than likely related to Safari 3.1.1 as it has some strange problems/bugs the one youare seeing is happening for me also after some testing and doesn't show up in Firefox 2.0.0.14 or Camino.

I suggest checking out apple discussion forums and safari as I am pretty sure there would be something there that may well help.

You could also try the nightly builds these for me at least work better and the latest one doesn;t seem to have the issue when it is used.

Hopefully the finder bug which the other issue is will be finally fixed with 10.5.3 when it arrives as it drives me nuts at times also.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    cyloncylon Posts: 126member
    Might try using a program called 1Password. It will even save your passowords for sites that don't like to let your browser save them. Has worked great for me.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    alright.

thanks you guys.

im glad its not just my computer being stupid.