How to remove an icon set and revert back to "stock"?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
As the title says, I have an icon set on my Mac in OSX 10.5 (leopard). I have no idea how to revert back to the old ones... I am new to "modding" OSX and I think this icon set is causing a few issues for me which is why I kinda want to get rid of it... Is there a quick way to get back to the standard Leopard icons? Thanks

~ Chris

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    s.metcalfs.metcalf Posts: 972member
    How did you install the icon set? Was it with a modding application? If so, it should have an un-install option. If you haven't tried CandyBar, you could try installing it. It might recognise that you have custom icons installed and give you the option of uninstalling them/reverting to stock.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Naa, I read directions for replacing Icons and it said:

Right click on the icon you want to replace and go to "get info"

then you have to copy the image and paste it into the little "window" where the current image is for that icon...

I did all that correctly, but then I erased the images that I used to replace the standard icon images... The replaced icons still show up but everynow and then my computer freaks out when I click on something and won't let me "release it"... Inother words if I click on an icon or other icons it is almost like I am dragging it around, but can't drop it... that icon becomes "stuck to my mouse"... Eventually it works it's self out. But a few weeks ago when I was doing a research paper, it didn't and I had to shut my computer off and lost my research paper ...

I am just wondering if I reinstall Leopard, will that get rid of it but save my pictures and data from school??

~ Chris
  • Reply 3 of 5
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,309moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GreenMarineSVX View Post

AIs there a quick way to get back to the standard Leopard icons?

Get Info > select the icon by clicking it > hit the delete key.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Just tried it and it didn't work :-/...

~ Chris
  • Reply 5 of 5
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,309moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GreenMarineSVX View Post

Just tried it and it didn't work :-/...

~ Chris

Did you press backspace or the key marked delete? It should be backspace but I call it delete. I can't remember if both work.

If that still isn't working, make sure the item isn't locked and also that you have read/write permission on the item. Check in the permissions tab on the get info panel and change as necessary.