Why doesn't Apple make friends?

Comments

• Reply 41 of 62
    Perhaps Mr Chan just isn't Apple's target audience, and he's having trouble owning up to the fact that HE made a mistake in purchasing a MBP when it wasn't really the right machine for HIS needs.

God forbid that other people should like something that doesn't work for HIM!
  • Reply 42 of 62
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

Perhaps Mr Chan just isn't Apple's target audience, and he's having trouble owning up to the fact that HE made a mistake in purchasing a MBP when it wasn't really the right machine for HIS needs.

God forbid that other people should like something that doesn't work for HIM!

as in boot.
  • Reply 43 of 62
    dehgenogdehgenog Posts: 28member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DigitalChan View Post

I am acknowledging the dangers of entering the environment run by an irresponsible company such as Apple.

So you acknowledge Microsoft's model is bad but when Apple tries to do the same thing, it's okay?

Apple is even worse as it is a 1-vendor model for hardware and software... NO CHOICE.

It's incredible that you fail to see control over the hardware as powerful asset for them. But, then, you are a real life troll.

This is not about choice. This is about buying a ridiculously beautiful, software-rich computer that works completely as advertised - in a brutally efficient retail store that many times makes the purchase a pleasant experience, that doubles as a service center that will support your hardware and software. There are a number of other carefully nuanced aspects, but those are what drive the sales right now.

You're pointlessly arguing that a neatly packaged, legacy-free Unix coupled with its ideal hardware is somehow detrimental to the industry. If Apple Inc. actually crumbles during the lifetime of the snazzy Mac you just bought and OS X stagnates and AppleCare drops from its #1-in-satisfaction perch, guess what? You can do some research to find out who's selling the latest and greatest computing experience and buy that when your Mac gets to the end of the line! Money goes to the new player, Apple loses a customer, technology rolls forward.

You make these threads about them, you say you even received a paycheck from them at one time and yet you make it so plainly obvious that you don't actually understand why Apple and their Macs are flourishing right now. You don't have any opportunity to respond to me as you're ignored now. So long, bitter troll!
  • Reply 44 of 62
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dehgenog View Post

It's incredible that you fail to see control over the hardware as powerful asset for them. But, then, you are a real life troll.

This is not about choice. This is about buying a ridiculously beautiful, software-rich computer that works completely as advertised - in a brutally efficient retail store that many times makes the purchase a pleasant experience, that doubles as a service center that will support your hardware and software. There are a number of other carefully nuanced aspects, but those are what drive the sales right now.

You're pointlessly arguing that a neatly packaged, legacy-free Unix coupled with its ideal hardware is somehow detrimental to the industry. If Apple Inc. actually crumbles during the lifetime of the snazzy Mac you just bought and OS X stagnates and AppleCare drops from its #1-in-satisfaction perch, guess what? You can do some research to find out who's selling the latest and greatest computing experience and buy that when your Mac gets to the end of the line! Money goes to the new player, Apple loses a customer, technology rolls forward.

You make these threads about them, you say you even received a paycheck from them at one time and yet you make it so plainly obvious that you don't actually understand why Apple and their Macs are flourishing right now. You don't have any opportunity to respond to me as you're ignored now. So long, bitter troll!

I think there is a general trend here...

Mac Users ignore things very often... That's how they are able to get by using inferior "computers" by ignoring all the blatant flaws.
  • Reply 45 of 62
    tontontonton Posts: 14,067
    Quote:

Mac Users ignore things very often... That's how they are able to get by using inferior "computers" by ignoring all the blatant flaws.

Oh. I see. Mac Users are ignoring all the blatant flaws. Windows is FLAWLESS! Linux is FLAWLESS! Solaris is FLAWLESS!

Mac users aren't ignoring the flaws in the Mac OS. We're choosing to live with those flaws rather than the flaws of the alternatives. Like far worse security. Far worse virus control. Far worse DRM restrictions. Far less intuitive control.

No those aren't flaws...

That's the ticket!!!
  • Reply 46 of 62
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:

Oh come on, you're not even trying now.
  • Reply 47 of 62
    mzaslovemzaslove Posts: 519member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post

Oh come on, you're not even trying now.

He's getting tired... he's been doing this all day, and it's past his bedtime.
  • Reply 48 of 62
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Oh. I see. Mac Users are ignoring all the blatant flaws. Windows is FLAWLESS! Linux is FLAWLESS! Solaris is FLAWLESS!

Mac users aren't ignoring the flaws in the Mac OS. We're choosing to live with those flaws rather than the flaws of the alternatives. Like far worse security. Far worse virus control. Far worse DRM restrictions. Far less intuitive control.

No those aren't flaws...

That's the ticket!!!

Apple Security... now thats a joke.

OS X is hardly anymore secure than an up to date Windows machine. Probably worse off when you count in all the poorly written stuff OS X carries with quicktime and safari and such.
  • Reply 49 of 62
    probablyprobably Posts: 139member
    Quote:

Oh do tell us about it. You've already decided to register for a forum whose premise disgusts you.

Might as well try to help us if you're actually wizened.
  • Reply 50 of 62
    tontontonton Posts: 14,067
    Quote:

OS X is hardly anymore secure than an up to date Windows machine. Probably worse off when you count in all the poorly written stuff OS X carries with quicktime and safari and such.

Yes, please give us one example of how Apple security is a joke.

Please, one example of a company that has lost money because of holes in OS X.

Please, one example of a person's private data being stolen through an MSN worm on OS X.

Just one. Real world example. Of something that actually happened.

You have no credibility. Whatsoever. You can't even point out a single real world OS X security failure.

Tears of a clown... the joke is on you.
  • Reply 51 of 62
    minderbinderminderbinder Posts: 1,703member
    Why do you guys keep feeding the troll?
  • Reply 52 of 62
    bclapperbclapper Posts: 237member
    Quote:

The kind of people who switch to Mac and don't mind is the same reason why Apple sales only started to make traction when they could run Windows.

I understood that Apple sales ramped up when the iPod started to become an overwhelming success
  • Reply 53 of 62
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by minderbinder View Post

Why do you guys keep feeding the troll?

For the same reason we feed pigeons at the park, or seagulls at the beach. Sure, they're just ignorant animals, but they amuse us!
  • Reply 54 of 62
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    I'm waiting for "Windows is so much easier to use!"
  • Reply 55 of 62
    mr_zebramr_zebra Posts: 85member
    Clearly this moron is smoking crack.
  • Reply 56 of 62
    wircwirc Posts: 302member
    Oooh, Look, A butterfly!
  • Reply 57 of 62
    lamewinglamewing Posts: 742member
    Quote:

Steal much music? Oh I suppose some of it could have been ripped by CDs.

Hmmm. I have been buying CDs since 1985. My wife and I own about 950 between the two of us. We ripped them all to our HD and guess what...we have OVER 80GB of music...and NONE of it is stolen.

Stop being an ass making comments like that...
  • Reply 58 of 62
    zinfellazinfella Posts: 877member
    "Why doesn't Apple make friends?"

Say listen Charlie, why doesn't a chicken have lips?
  • Reply 59 of 62
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zinfella View Post

"Why doesn't Apple make friends?"

Say listen Charlie, why doesn't a chicken have lips?

Good point! And why does that hobo living in my basement not learn how to fold laundry?
  • Reply 60 of 62
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Deep thoughts, by Jack Addabox-y.