Originally Posted by coffeetime View Post

Que to the Rolling Stones:

"I see an iPhone, and I want it painted black."

Whaddya know, black is the new black.
  • Reply 23 of 42
    mystmyst Posts: 112member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

So, Apple will charge people who want black more for just the color, like with the MacBook?

No they won't like the iPod Classic and iPod Nano (and colors in the iPod Shuffle).
  • Reply 24 of 42
    orion99orion99 Posts: 11member
    Wow a flurry of iPhone related developments over the past couple of days. Combine this AT&T screwup with the report MacRumors indicated yesterday, the darn thing could be released VERY SOON
  • Reply 25 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by coffeetime View Post

Que to the Rolling Stones:

"I see an iPhone, and I want it painted black."

"Every time you try to operate one of these weird black controls that are labeled in black on a black background, a little black light lights up black to let you know you've done it." - DA
  • Reply 26 of 42
    .mac.mac Posts: 44member
    wow !!! excited
  • Reply 27 of 42
    It is also showing accessories for iPhone Black, which could indicate this is not an AT&T mistake.
  • Reply 28 of 42
    carniphagecarniphage Posts: 1,984member
    Apple has finally woken up to the fact that there is a huge demand for unlocked phones.

What better way to acknowledge the black market than a black iPhone!

C.
  • Reply 29 of 42
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider

The finding, discovered by a reader on Sunday and confirmed by AppleInsider on Monday, is interesting if nothing else in that it may add a bit of support to ongoing rumors that Apple's second-generation 3G iPhone would sport a black plastic shell as opposed to an aluminum one.

Remind me not to call you to do my detective work in the future. That doesn't make the back plastic.

News-flash, what material in this?

Exactly.
  • Reply 30 of 42
    tofinotofino Posts: 697member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AlphaAnt View Post

"Every time you try to operate one of these weird black controls that are labeled in black on a black background, a little black light lights up black to let you know you've done it." - DA

awesome. that was my first thought. glad you beat me to it, i was too lazy to look it up...
  • Reply 31 of 42
    jasafarjasafar Posts: 1member
    Maybe AT&T slipped and let the name of the new iPhone slip out... "iPhone Black". Then after it was discovered, they quickly added "Black" to a couple other models to try to cover it up.
  • Reply 32 of 42
    Isn't the blurb at the bottom of the page far more interesting?
    "This line is eligible for equipment discount pricing when you sign up for a 2-year service agreement. You can also take advantage of our no-commitment pricing option."
    This would imply that the no-hardware-subsidy/contract-required scenario is being scrapped and that the business model is reverting to, as they say, business as usual. I might actually buy one of the things if I don't have to sign a contract with AT&T.
  • Reply 33 of 42
    abster2coreabster2core Posts: 2,501member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheSnarkmeister View Post

Isn't the blurb at the bottom of the page far more interesting?
    "This line is eligible for equipment discount pricing when you sign up for a 2-year service agreement. You can also take advantage of our no-commitment pricing option."
    This would imply that the no-hardware-subsidy/contract-required scenario is being scrapped and that the business model is reverting to, as they say, business as usual. I might actually buy one of the things if I don't have to sign a contract with AT&T.

Where would you go?

From the Macworld article on Rim's announcement of their BOLD http://www.macworld.com/article/1334...berrybold.html

"Carriers will determine pricing, and RIM had no details on which U.S. carrier will introduce the Bold (though AT&T, with the largest HSDPA network in the United States, seems a likelier candidate than T-Mobile, which has just begun to roll out 3G service stateside). RIM said that it expects the Bold to be shipping worldwide this summer."

Are they implying that other carriers have no or minimal 3G service?
  • Reply 34 of 42
    avivhavivh Posts: 1member
    You guys should check out my new blog ! It's called MacSpammer.com

We've worked really hard on this site and hopefully we can contribute positively to the influx of mac and apple news on a daily basis.

Check it out and let me know what you think [
  • Reply 35 of 42
    frugalityfrugality Posts: 410member
    "iPhone Black"? Wait until Rev. Al Sharpton hears about this....
  • Reply 36 of 42
    zirconia
  • Reply 37 of 42
    msnlymsnly Posts: 378member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AlphaAnt View Post

I'm going to have to go listen to that now
  • Reply 38 of 42
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

zirconia

No...
  • Reply 39 of 42
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,309moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Remind me not to call you to do my detective work in the future. That doesn't make the back plastic.

News-flash, what material in this?

I know, I don't see why Apple would ever go back to plastic when they've made it quite clear that metal + glass are the way they are moving.

I also don't think that AT&T mentioning iphone black to be as massive a cock-up as people suggest. What information was really leaked here? That there's a new iphone coming and it's black. Wow, I mean who saw that one coming? Now the excitement's all over, AT&T have spoiled the surprise.

For all you know, the new iphone might be coming out today. It is Tuesday after all.

iphone stocks are dry - the longer Apple wait to restock inventory, the more they and AT&T lose potential sales to rival carriers/phone models. They need to get the new one out ASAP.
  • Reply 40 of 42
    slimmcdslimmcd Posts: 1member
    Looks like AT&T took down the Black option.

No More iPhone Black