Could Yahoo email accounts be blocking incoming mail from certain servers?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I just sent a very important email to a @yahoo.com email address, and it was sent from my own domain name which is hosted on the pair.com servers. I expected a response from this person by now, and i'm wondering if yahoo.com might be accidentally blocking incoming mail from the pair servers. Is that possible?

Thanks, i'm kinda anxious about this right now.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    slyinthedamslyinthedam Posts: 102member
    It is possible that Yahoo are using some blacklists that have the mail servers you refer to listed as spamming servers. I don't know Pair so can't say if this is likely, but it is certainly possible.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by thehellgate911 View Post

I just sent a very important email to a @yahoo.com email address, and it was sent from my own domain name which is hosted on the pair.com servers. I expected a response from this person by now, and i'm wondering if yahoo.com might be accidentally blocking incoming mail from the pair servers. Is that possible?

Thanks, i'm kinda anxious about this right now.

Have you considered a free Gmail account?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Have you considered a free Gmail account?

I just sent the email again from my gmail account, and I got a response within hours. Either the pair server is blocked by yahoo, or this person only receives email from pre-approved addresses (she had my gmail address already).

Thanks.