Printing font Examples?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I am using Font Explorer X which by the way is the best FMS I've used so far, and it's free. I find it a lot better then Suitcase Fusion, but anyway, I have one question. My font collection has grown tremendously over the years, and I am looking for a way to print out like a font bible of all the fonts on my computer. Is there an easy way to go about this? I have been looking, but haven't been able to find anything.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    That there is a quick way to kill a forest.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    well I was hoping there was a way to get like three colums on one page with 30 lines thats 90 on one page, and it would be 180 if i did it back and front. It would take me 25 pages to get all my fonts out on paper, and it would make my life a hell of a lot easier. sitting down withsomeone flipping through a book would a lot better then flipping on a screen.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    I used to print out font books, but that was so many years ago. It's such a waste that I don't mind a little extra time spent scrolling through a my screen. Plus, if you have something like Adobe Illustrator, you can see the font names in the actual font... I can't really think of anything like you describe otherwise.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    thegarthegar Posts: 92member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Plus, if you have something like Adobe Illustrator, you can see the font names in the actual font...

Yes, but only the activated fonts. If you have like many designers a zillion fonts on your computer, it's a little harder.

A solution might be Veenix Font Tools. It prints a complete Type Book if you want. And you can safe the forest by making it a pdf instead.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    How does Font Book's File -> Print not do exactly that?
  • Reply 6 of 6
    [QUOTE=Chucker;1252930]How does Font Book's File -> Print not do exactly that?[/QUOTE

Font Book leaves all of your fonts activated. If you have a lot of fonts, this is not the best thing in the world. That other app looks like an other FMS, I would hate to need to move to another one just to make a .pdf or print out a book. I guess I'll keep doing what I've been doing see if anything comes up. Thanks for the help though.