>>> Why not an "Apple Space Agency" (or "i-NASA") ? >>>

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

many computer and web billionaires have already invested in their own space companies (PayPal's Elon Musk, Amazon's Jeff Bezos, Microsoft's Paul Allen, etc.) so, WHY don't Apple start (also) its own Space company?

as explained in this article: http://www.ghostnasa.com/posts/027applenasa.html

thanks to the iPod and iPhone success, Apple has over $18 billion cash in its pockets (that exceeds the annual NASA budget!) so, it has enough money to found a Space company, or (maybe) buy NASA... and call it "NASA 2.0" or "i-NASA"...

The basic logos used for the image published here are Copyright © Apple Inc. and NASA

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Great idea. Make a mission to Mars and a manned colony there. And make it profitable. Then you'll have billions, and billions of funding go into it, not just from Apple. As greedy and evil as (some) corporations are, that will be the key to manned exploration and colonisation of the solar system.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Great idea. Make a mission to Mars and a manned colony there. And make it profitable. Then you'll have billions, and billions of funding go into it, not just from Apple. As greedy and evil as (some) corporations are, that will be the key to manned exploration and colonisation of the solar system.

yes, the Space will soon become very profitable, but the big companies must start now to invest in this technology

I'm trying to do that with my NewSpaceAgency but, clearly, it's million times easier for companies like Apple that have so much cash

• Reply 3 of 5
    silviarsilviar Posts: 19member
    If I have to fly all the way to Mars to get my new item fix, I am so out.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Silviar View Post

If I have to fly all the way to Mars to get my new item fix, I am so out.

*The* new item *is* flying you to Mars.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    In Soviet Russia, you don't fly to space. Space fly to *you*.