Boycott Apple

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I have been a loyal consumer of Apple products, having bought a 24 inch imac (AUD$3100) and its video ipod (S$500). I was even contemplating the iphone. Thank god i didn't get the iphone for now i will NEVER purchase Apple products nor advise my friends to do so. In recent conversations with Apple customer representatives from Sydney, Australia, I have gathered and agree with the statement "APPLE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT IT'S CUSTOMERS" [Posted by Joshua Karp on Mar 28, 2008 12:48 pm on boygeniusreport.com]. Well, at least it seems so due to its complacency in handling distressed calls for after sales customers. I was utterly disappointed having spoken to both a customer relations officer and the CR manager to find that they were both ill-trained, sarcastic, defensive, seemingly given too much authority or perhaps are lead into thinking that they have a given amount of authority to make decisions, that they abuse their empowerment, smoke the clients and mishandle the customers such that things escalate to an extent that could prove to be detrimental to the image and brand of Apple. One WOULD expect the service of Apple to be one which was as attentive the one you received when you chose to purchase the product. However, to my dismay, it was the exact opposite. Given Apple's PREMIUM branding, I am shocked to discover its rigidity in policies and ill-trained customer service officers. My advise to current Apple consumers and potential Apple IMAC consumers out there? Do take note of the your IMAC warranty expiry date and do purchase an extended warranty before expiry. Because there is NO GOODWILL whatsoever your circumstances (even if your computer & receipt is being shipped overseas for your relocation abroad or if you were simultaneously on a holiday, much less if you could produce proof of all the above), Apple will NOT allow you to then PURCHASE an extended warranty. And should you be in that predicament, note that you WILL only be allowed ONE technical assistance. From thereon, there will be no further technical assistance and you will have to FORK OUT $40 per month for PHONE ASSISTANCE. This brings me to the point where i reiterate that i will NEVER EVER, purchase or support Apple in its products and help boost its profits again...Oh yeah, i will also never advise friends and family to purchase Apple products again. I'm boycotting Apple for good. Aside from aesthetics, in my opinion Apple's PREMIUM pricing just doesn't justify its after-sales service AND warped policies to charged more for after sales support to customers.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 20
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    1) You have about a year to get AppleCare. Being Mr. Clueless and not getting it done in a year is hardly Apple's fault if you wanted AppleCare.

2) Mostly you don't need AppleCare on desktops. It's debatable if it is a good deal or not. Heck, even my rev1 MBP hasn't needed it and I've dragged that thing quite a few places.

3) I bought a AEBS from CompUSA on closeout that turned out to be defective and my local Apple store swapped it for me rather than send it in for fixing. That was rather nice since they were not obligated to help me with a quick in store swap rather than a warranty fix.

4) Buh bye
  • Reply 2 of 20
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    The OP's post read like a stream of consciousness.

• Reply 3 of 20
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bancho View Post

Well, one should learn how to use paragraphs by third grade... maybe he's home schooled.
  • Reply 4 of 20
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Appleinsider is probably NOT the best place to an Anti Apple post especially as your first post.

Sorry every Mac I've had has functioned properly. I don't know you from a can of paint so I can't take your recommendation. Good look on getting your Apple issues fixed though. You're just angry right now and that's understandable.

Regards.

HM
  • Reply 5 of 20
    Maybe it was the return key on the keyboard that broke.
  • Reply 6 of 20
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Boycott this thread.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bancho View Post

Heh.

Except he's no James Joyce.
  • Reply 7 of 20
    bageljoeybageljoey Posts: 2,004member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ThinkingDifferent View Post

Maybe it was the return key on the keyboard that broke.

Thanks, I needed that...
  • Reply 8 of 20
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    I'm happy with Apple these days. My wife's days old iPhone lost use of it's bottom row of buttons. Disaster! Apple replaced with few questions asked, like "how many times did you drop it?"

5 Stars from me!
  • Reply 9 of 20
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    I got my hd replaced through AppleCare at a local Apple Store, and they loaded the new iLife on it for me.

"Just something I do for people" the guy said.

Sweet.
  • Reply 10 of 20
    His beef should be with Australians, not Apple.
  • Reply 11 of 20
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by boycottapple View Post

I have been a loyal consumer of Apple products, having bought a 24 inch imac (AUD$3100) and its video ipod (S$500). I was even contemplating the iphone. Thank god i didn't get the iphone for now i will NEVER purchase Apple products nor advise my friends to do so. In recent conversations with Apple customer representatives from Sydney, Australia, I have gathered and agree with the statement "APPLE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT IT'S CUSTOMERS" [Posted by Joshua Karp on Mar 28, 2008 12:48 pm on boygeniusreport.com]. Well, at least it seems so due to its complacency in handling distressed calls for after sales customers. I was utterly disappointed having spoken to both a customer relations officer and the CR manager to find that they were both ill-trained, sarcastic, defensive, seemingly given too much authority or perhaps are lead into thinking that they have a given amount of authority to make decisions, that they abuse their empowerment, smoke the clients and mishandle the customers such that things escalate to an extent that could prove to be detrimental to the image and brand of Apple. One WOULD expect the service of Apple to be one which was as attentive the one you received when you chose to purchase the product. However, to my dismay, it was the exact opposite. Given Apple's PREMIUM branding, I am shocked to discover its rigidity in policies and ill-trained customer service officers. My advise to current Apple consumers and potential Apple IMAC consumers out there? Do take note of the your IMAC warranty expiry date and do purchase an extended warranty before expiry. Because there is NO GOODWILL whatsoever your circumstances (even if your computer & receipt is being shipped overseas for your relocation abroad or if you were simultaneously on a holiday, much less if you could produce proof of all the above), Apple will NOT allow you to then PURCHASE an extended warranty. And should you be in that predicament, note that you WILL only be allowed ONE technical assistance. From thereon, there will be no further technical assistance and you will have to FORK OUT $40 per month for PHONE ASSISTANCE. This brings me to the point where i reiterate that i will NEVER EVER, purchase or support Apple in its products and help boost its profits again...Oh yeah, i will also never advise friends and family to purchase Apple products again. I'm boycotting Apple for good. Aside from aesthetics, in my opinion Apple's PREMIUM pricing just doesn't justify its after-sales service AND warped policies to charged more for after sales support to customers.

paragraphing... ?
  • Reply 12 of 20
    For every one person that boycotts Apple, there are about 20 people that migrate to Macs.

Hope you enjoy Windows.
  • Reply 13 of 20
    yamayama Posts: 427member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by boycottapple View Post

I have been a loyal consumer of Apple products, having bought a 24 inch imac (AUD$3100) and its video ipod (S$500). I was even contemplating the iphone. Thank god i didn't get the iphone for now i will NEVER purchase Apple products nor advise my friends to do so.

In recent conversations with Apple customer representatives from Sydney, Australia, I have gathered and agree with the statement "APPLE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT IT'S CUSTOMERS" [Posted by Joshua Karp on Mar 28, 2008 12:48 pm on boygeniusreport.com]. Well, at least it seems so due to its complacency in handling distressed calls for after sales customers.

I was utterly disappointed having spoken to both a customer relations officer and the CR manager to find that they were both ill-trained, sarcastic, defensive, seemingly given too much authority or perhaps are lead into thinking that they have a given amount of authority to make decisions, that they abuse their empowerment, smoke the clients and mishandle the customers such that things escalate to an extent that could prove to be detrimental to the image and brand of Apple. One WOULD expect the service of Apple to be one which was as attentive the one you received when you chose to purchase the product. However, to my dismay, it was the exact opposite.

Given Apple's PREMIUM branding, I am shocked to discover its rigidity in policies and ill-trained customer service officers.

My advise to current Apple consumers and potential Apple IMAC consumers out there? Do take note of the your IMAC warranty expiry date and do purchase an extended warranty before expiry. Because there is NO GOODWILL whatsoever your circumstances (even if your computer & receipt is being shipped overseas for your relocation abroad or if you were simultaneously on a holiday, much less if you could produce proof of all the above), Apple will NOT allow you to then PURCHASE an extended warranty. And should you be in that predicament, note that you WILL only be allowed ONE technical assistance. From thereon, there will be no further technical assistance and you will have to FORK OUT $40 per month for PHONE ASSISTANCE.

This brings me to the point where i reiterate that i will NEVER EVER, purchase or support Apple in its products and help boost its profits again...Oh yeah, i will also never advise friends and family to purchase Apple products again.

I'm boycotting Apple for good. Aside from aesthetics, in my opinion Apple's PREMIUM pricing just doesn't justify its after-sales service AND warped policies to charged more for after sales support to customers.

See how much easier it is to read with paragraphs?
  • Reply 14 of 20
    mrsinmrsin Posts: 163member
    In favor of ... What ?

Personally, I've purchased an iBook and an iMac in the past 3 years and bought the extended warranty at the time I purchased the computers - always a wise choice in my opinion.

Boycott Apple - in a word - NO. Support and sing Apple's praises - in a word - Yes .
  • Reply 15 of 20
    mav5mav5 Posts: 36member
    I'm sure that he will get amazing support from the Windows technicians over in India.

Have fun with Vista!
  • Reply 16 of 20
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    Also to follow up the wife's iPhone was having a problem with frequent hang ups. Apple replaced the phone again and said to go to the AT&T store if it still happened. AT&T gave her a new sim card. 5 starts.
  • Reply 17 of 20
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by southerndoc View Post

For every one person that boycotts Apple, there are about 20 people that migrate to Macs.

Hope you enjoy Windows.

That's quite an interesting statistic... Link please!!!

Unless you are one of those people that makes up numbers? (I bet you are)
  • Reply 18 of 20
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood View Post

His beef should be with Australians, not Apple.

• Reply 19 of 20
    chipzchipz Posts: 100member
    I have never had any problems with the Apple in regards to repairs, etc. Any rime I called Apple I was treated very well and their representatives were friendly and very helpful. If they didn't have an immediate fix for the problem they researched it and emailed or telephoned me with the solution to my problem. Great service from a great company!
  • Reply 20 of 20
    bobertoqbobertoq Posts: 172member
    AHHHH MY EYES! Where are the PARAGRAPHS?![I didn't read the article] but judging by the title of the thread you're pretty ignorant.