Mac Catches Thief

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
More good publicity for Apple. They may not have iPhones to sell for 2 months, but their computers can catch thieves. Seems Back to My Mac works for some people!

story here.

Bummer it had to be someone who came to their party--glad they caught the bastards!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    mav5mav5 Posts: 36member
    Awesome! Just goes to show that sometimes the luxurious aspects of a Mac have very practical and surprising uses.

I wonder what ran through the guy's head when the little green camera light turned on. I bet the picture was priceless
  • Reply 2 of 6
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    It makes me think. A good security feature would be to snap and email a picture for every failed login attempt. My computer is set to lock the screen when in sleep mode. If my computer gets nabbed and someone tries to log in then I could see who it was.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mydo View Post

It makes me think. A good security feature would be to snap and email a picture for every failed login attempt. My computer is set to lock the screen when in sleep mode. If my computer gets nabbed and someone tries to log in then I could see who it was.

Thats actually a pretty cool idea. I would love to see a program like that. I would try that if I could write programs... but I can't, so I won't.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    techgirltechgirl Posts: 21member
    I LOVE this story. Amazing and hilarious at the same time: what could be better?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Hi, as part of an Apple Premium Reseller I'm trialling software from this company: http://www.orbicule.com/undercover/

Worth a look at, I reckon...
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Hi, as part of an Apple Premium Reseller I'm trialling software from this company: http://www.orbicule.com/undercover/

Worth a look at, I reckon...

Wow! This is pretty cool. Right now they have two recovery stories posted complete with iSight pictures. It is around $50 dollars, but it seems worth it if your Mac gets stolen