Apple releases Mac OS X 10.5.3 Update

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 106
    danvid36danvid36 Posts: 80member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

10.5.3 has been fixed for Hackintosh in record time, so now all Psystar has to do is put it on their servers.

So far their update page doesn't list 10.5.3. They may only have it accessible through their specialized Software Update or may be wanting to test it first.

My Hackintosh is now running 10.5.3 with the modbin kernel in 64 bit mode and seems to have picked up 7 points in Xbench_up to 170. I will have to see what difference it makes when I upgrade to QuadCore 2.83s or even 3.0s...Everything works perfectly without crashes or KPs,just like the real deal but a lot cheaper.

Supermicro X7DAL-E motherboard,

2x 2.33 Dual Core Xeons,

6 Gb DDR-667 FBDIMM ECC RAM,

150 Gb WD SATA drive 10,000 r.p.m. for OSX

500 Gb WD SATA drive 7200 r.p.m. for Home folders,

Pioneer DVR-212D DL burner,

1.44 Mb floppy drive,

Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS 512 Mb PCI-E video card,

PCI-X Firewire card,

W-7728IN 300M Wireless-N PCI adapter.

This is a self built machine though so I don't know about anyhting specific regarding psystar.
  • Reply 102 of 106
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shintocam View Post

But, so far Finder has not locked up on me which was happening every other day so I hope that may be fixed (but then again it has only been a day).

Rats, I spoke to soon....just had to relaunch Finder again. PIA.
  • Reply 103 of 106
    gastroboygastroboy Posts: 530member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gastroboy View Post

"Fixes an issue in which certain attached hard drives may not show up in the Finder."

ie FireWire drives. What is it with Apple, can't even cope with their own technology? This is the second time that they have stuffed up the FireWire, the first it also took 3 version to fix (10.3.3).

Since I upgraded my iMac G5 2.0Ghz ALS, it has boot up problems and the Firewire drops off. The system is "Unable to list Firewire devices".

I really, really hope that this update fixes it.

At 430Mb it should fix the world's energy crisis, the Middle East and the dearth of good day time television!

Nah, didn't fix it!
  • Reply 104 of 106
    coolfactorcoolfactor Posts: 2,243member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gastroboy View Post

"Fixes an issue in which certain attached hard drives may not show up in the Finder."

ie FireWire drives. What is it with Apple, can't even cope with their own technology? This is the second time that they have stuffed up the FireWire, the first it also took 3 version to fix (10.3.3).

Since I upgraded my iMac G5 2.0Ghz ALS, it has boot up problems and the Firewire drops off. The system is "Unable to list Firewire devices".

I really, really hope that this update fixes it.

At 430Mb it should fix the world's energy crisis, the Middle East and the dearth of good day time television!

Firewire works just fine on my iMac G5. Are you assuming that Firewire support is broken across their entire line of computers because your one machine is having problems? Just curious.

USB, on the other hand... sucks! Not a Leopard or Mac problem. Just wish Firewire had a stronger foothold on the market.
  • Reply 105 of 106
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    two new imacs 20"

A: did the update and safari won't work, deleted it and installed safari 3.1.1 from apple says it won't install since it needs 10.5.2 "about this Mac" says i'm at 10.5.3

B: unit after upgrade to 10.5.3 (15 minutes later) safari 3.1.1 works fine no problems

on unit A went to software update, nothing else to update

WTF did i do wrong with unit A: safari won't bounce and load. it's still in my dock, but i deleted and reinstalled from download (apple) but won't go to my HD

???????
  • Reply 106 of 106
    naphtalinaphtali Posts: 13member
    Hey guys

Is anybody having problems with 10.5.3 and PEAP?

I had no issues connecting to my school's PEAP-protected WLAN with 10.5.2. After upgrading, the system keeps "failing authentication". I've downgraded to 10.5.2, and am wondering if it's safe to apply the update again

I have no problems connecting to my personal WPA-2 network at home