From Tiger To Leopard: Concern

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
good afternoon everybody.

i just wanted to explain to you all my situation and see if i could get some advice and help

i've a had this macbook tiger for about 1 year and a half and i forgot my password (therefore i cannot update my system) and it's gotten a bit slow and troublesome, some of my applications dont show up, i guess the fact that i cant update it means i have a bunch of old stuff?i reallty need some help urgently

1. should i get leopard? (if not, then what do i do?)

2. is there a way that when i get leopard, i delete EVERYTHING that i have now and then start from scratch?

help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    thank you so much well the thing is
  • Reply 2 of 8
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by omarabbas View Post

good afternoon everybody.

i just wanted to explain to you all my situation and see if i could get some advice and help

i've a had this macbook tiger for about 1 year and a half and i forgot my password (therefore i cannot update my system) and it's gotten a bit slow and troublesome, some of my applications dont show up, i guess the fact that i cant update it means i have a bunch of old stuff?i reallty need some help urgently

1. should i get leopard? (if not, then what do i do?)

2. is there a way that when i get leopard, i delete EVERYTHING that i have now and then start from scratch?

help would be greatly appreciated

1. You can reset your password using the install disk that came with your computer OR using the Leopard install disk should you wish to purchase leopard. Click here for more information.

2. Yes, you can delete everything when you install Leopard by choosing the "clean install" option.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball View Post

1. You can reset your password using the install disk that came with your computer OR using the Leopard install disk should you wish to purchase leopard. Click here for more information.

2. Yes, you can delete everything when you install Leopard by choosing the "clean install" option.

thank you so much well the thing is that i dont have that disk anmore, i moved from north carolina to miami this year, and i never found the box in which it was so i will be purchasing leopard

thanks for the response
  • Reply 4 of 8
    hudson1hudson1 Posts: 800member
    You forgot the password, want to wipe everything out, AND lost the install disk? How in the world have you been installing all of the updates Apple has issued over the past year and a half? Is it your computer???
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hudson1 View Post

You forgot the password, want to wipe everything out, AND lost the install disk? How in the world have you been installing all of the updates Apple has issued over the past year and a half? Is it your computer???

He already said it HASN'T been updated. As for it being his computer... well, possession is 9/10ths and all...
  • Reply 6 of 8
    jaketherockjaketherock Posts: 286member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by omarabbas View Post

thank you so much well the thing is that i dont have that disk anmore, i moved from north carolina to miami this year, and i never found the box in which it was so i will be purchasing leopard

thanks for the response

The leopard install disk also has the password reset utility on it, and it is accessible in the same manner.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    bclapperbclapper Posts: 237member
    Quote:

Reason: make title more enticing for viewers

• Reply 8 of 8
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hudson1 View Post

Is it your computer, and is it really a Mac?