MIcrosoft Office 2008 Mac 10.5.3 upgrade problems

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hi

Not sure if others are also having problems with Office since the latest Mac 10.5.3 upgrade...I'm not getting any of office's applications to open - and stay opened! I didi get a message when trying to open a Word doc that said I needed to go to Microsoft Office 2008/Office/Microsoft Database Utility and launch it - I'm not able to do that either for some reason - it looks as if its opening but never does once clicked... not sure what the database does but I'm not able to launch any of the applications without it...help!@

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    What's your setup?

I saw tons of issues with the Office 2008 12.1 update and I updated anyway. Mine works fine on 10.5.3 with a MacBook. (Excel and Word at least, I don't use the rest.)

However, I must say, it still opens as slow as or slower than 2004. Although the 12.1 update did shave a few seconds off. The general slowness is so bad it really interferes with usability.

I have a 1.83 ghz Core 2 Duo with a gig of RAM. Anyone have a faster computer and if so does Office 2008 run faster on it or just as slow?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    ijasonyijasony Posts: 3member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aquatic View Post

What's your setup?

I have a 1.83 ghz Core 2 Duo with a gig of RAM. Anyone have a faster computer and if so does Office 2008 run faster on it or just as slow?

Office 2008 for Mac launches dog slow for me on my MacBook Pro 17", 2.5Ghz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM. Office 2007 for Windows runs better on an XP virtual machine inside of VMWare Fusion with only 512GB RAM and one processor allocated to the virtual machine. Once I get the Word, Excel, or PowerPoint loaded, they function very quickly in the Mac version. Entourage is still a piece of junk in my opinion compared to Outlook.

http://iJasonY.com