Ducati's SBK Team Cleans Out Apple Stores

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I caught this as I was watching today's round 1 of FIM World Superbike from Miller Motorsports Park, UT on TV.

Speed Channel's Freddy Spencer.....

"In talking to the folks at the factory Ducati team, you know what they wanted when the got here? A lot of the guys making their first trip to the United States.... they cleaned out all the Apple Stores they could get a hold of. iPhones, iPods, they wanted it all; so much so that some of the guys didn't get all the things they wanted so the North American Ducati PR reps are buying it for them and shipping it back."

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    gsxrboygsxrboy Posts: 565member
    SBK UTAH SPOILER WARNING !

Pity Bayliss had a screwed race meet, made the championship tighter I guess !

Maybe they went for retail therapy to dull the bad result :-P
  • Reply 2 of 4
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    I have no idea about bikes but my housemate in Sydney in '03 had a Ducati something or other. I got to be a passenger on a nice cruise up the highway north from Sydney. Pretty badass, as I recall.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    I miss my 'Duc. *snif*
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gsxrboy View Post

SBK UTAH SPOILER WARNING !

Pity Bayliss had a screwed race meet, made the championship tighter I guess !

Maybe they went for retail therapy to dull the bad result :-P

The retail therapy occurred before the races. Perhaps the crew could've spent their time more wisely by prepping Bayliss's bike better for race 2.