iPhone Problem - Random reboots, freezes etc

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I have an 8GB iPhone which until now has been perfect. This past week the problems started by it being unable to connect to my home Wifi network which it's worked perfectly well on since day one. Then things got worse as it kept locking up almost every time I tried to use it.

So I did the obvious next step and Reset/Restored my iPhone with iTunes. Which appeared to do the trick.

But 24hrs later it has now started rebooting frequently at random - during use, or even when it's not being used and just sat there.

Anyone got any other suggestions or ideas before I phone AppleCare Support? (They're closed at the moment which is why I've come here first!)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Try disabling wifi. Not that this is a solution, but it will help diagnose the cause of the problem.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    aussiaussi Posts: 18member
    when your web browsing, try to only keep 2 or 3 windows open at a time, this will definaltly slow down your Iphone.

maybe you should clear out your cache and cookies and history?

Aussi
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dfiler View Post

Try disabling wifi. Not that this is a solution, but it will help diagnose the cause of the problem.

That seems to have worked. Not crashed since and it had only functioned correctly for seconds previously without crashing. Damn, but I use it on WiFi all the time! Never mind, maybe I can coast it til 3G iPhone arrives in the rumoured 'July' timeframe.

Cheers it's not a fix, but it's good enough!
  • Reply 4 of 4
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    The next thing to check os if it a particular wifi node that causes your iPhone to crash. Or perhaps a particular "channel" of wifi.