mac mail access timeout

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Mac Mail suddenly stopped connecting with the .Mac server. Yes, I have a .Mac account. Preferences are set for SSL and port 993 shows. Suddenly today it won't go online. Yes, it worked this morning, and yes, I can get my .Mac mail via the web browser interface. So this is one of those "whuh happen?" events. Help gratefully appreciated.

PS: I also have a Yahoo account and there's been some funniness with AT&T's sending emails regarding verification. Hope that's not been phishing.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    oldlaboldlab Posts: 2member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by oldlab View Post

Mac Mail suddenly stopped connecting with the .Mac server. Yes, I have a .Mac account. Preferences are set for SSL and port 993 shows. Suddenly today it won't go online. Yes, it worked this morning, and yes, I can get my .Mac mail via the web browser interface. So this is one of those "whuh happen?" events. Help gratefully appreciated.

PS: I also have a Yahoo account and there's been some funniness with AT&T's sending emails regarding verification. Hope that's not been phishing.

OK. Now it takes a silly amount of spinning cursor even to send and empty "test" message, but at least one went through. Then it needed my .Mac password. 35 years ago we would have blamed stuff like this on a "Communist plot". With no such handy scapegoat, there's only malware to suspect. Poor substitute; Hackistan doesn't even have a flag to burn.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    rob05aurob05au Posts: 348member
    The .nac servers are currently offline the only rthing which seems to be working are th idisks and since it came back are now for rather snappier woth speed.

Me is wondering if they are already changing servers and updating the .mac service early before WWDC
  • Reply 3 of 5
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    mine is doing the same thing and won't connect either.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    southerndocsoutherndoc Posts: 215member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rob05au View Post

Me is wondering if they are already changing servers and updating the .mac service early before WWDC

That would be my guess. Mine has been down all day long.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    dmzdmz Posts: 5,775member
    yep, same here -- I use a .mac for a backup.

no love.