Apple on Apple Expo pullout; more on 3G iPhone shoot; .Mac outage

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 35
    The commercial is for the 3G iPhone and ties to the upcoming release of Get Smart. For those who are familiar with Get Smart, the phone is an obvious tie-in as are the secret agents and briefcases. (Look for a familiar face or two as well!)
  • Reply 22 of 35
    zagmaczagmac Posts: 72member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bdkennedy1 View Post

It was more like 12 hours for me. My outage started at noon.

My window was much shorter, as emails were back by 5 pm PDT when I got home. But it knocked my Blackberry offline, and has not been sending/delivering email from .Mac account ever since. Weird, since everything else about .Mac & other Blackberry accounts just fine. Not looking for help, as I can call Care and seems more of a BB issue, but it sure seems like an odd occurance to me.

• Reply 23 of 35
    steviet02steviet02 Posts: 594member
    Apple won't be announcing the 3G iPhone at the WWDC, they will have a special event for that. WWDC has never been a place where 'consumer' type products have been announced, only the high power stuff. End of June there will be a special event for the iPhone.
  • Reply 24 of 35
    rot'napplerot'napple Posts: 1,839member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by This Just In View Post

The commercial is for the 3G iPhone and ties to the upcoming release of Get Smart. For those who are familiar with Get Smart, the phone is an obvious tie-in as are the secret agents and briefcases. (Look for a familiar face or two as well!)

I'm familiar with Get Smart (tv version)... "missed it by that much!"

Didn't Max use a 'shoe phone'?

Who will be Agent '86'?

But I bet Apple has in their iPhone labs 'the Cone of Silence'... Jobs: "this is the new iPhone", Lab Technician: "what?", Jobs: "What?", Technician: "what?"...
  • Reply 25 of 35
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rot'nApple View Post

Who will be Agent '86'?

Not Felton. She's too old by now. Maybe Nicole Kidman.

When I bought my first Mac in 'O2, the Apple Online Site was free with a Mac purchase. I can't recall the name of the site. Maybe this new site will tie into a Mac purchase. Sorry - No - Jobs needs the extra income. Poor guy.
  • Reply 26 of 35
    wigginwiggin Posts: 2,265member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by norton View Post

Wiggin,

Its funny you mention it. I have had the same problem with the contacts not syncing for quiet some time now and the answer I get is we are aware of this, we are working on it, but we can't tell you when it will be fixed. When pressured that they are not providing me with the service that I paid for they threaten to cancel my account. That is more than just weak.

Interesting. Just yesterday I replied to their "don't call us, we won't call you" email aknowledging the problem saying that I felt they were stringing me along by not comitting to fixing their known problem. I signed up for .Mac less than a month ago, and online access to my contacts was one of the selling points (it worked, but was flacky, when I was using a 60-day trial). Like you, I said I felt they weren't delivering the servcie I paid for.

We'll see if/how they respond. I'm sure they have a no-refund policy or something; but it's easy enough to call the credit card company and dispute the change on the grounds of failure to deliver promised services as long as I do it reasonably soon.
  • Reply 27 of 35
    yodamacyodamac Posts: 59member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sequitur View Post

Not Felton. She's too old by now. Maybe Nicole Kidman.

When I bought my first Mac in 'O2, the Apple Online Site was free with a Mac purchase. I can't recall the name of the site. Maybe this new site will tie into a Mac purchase. Sorry - No - Jobs needs the extra income. Poor guy.

C'mon you guys! Maxwell Smart was Agent 86 and his lovely female partner was Agent 99.
  • Reply 28 of 35
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rot'nApple View Post

I'm familiar with Get Smart (tv version)... "missed it by that much!"

Didn't Max use a 'shoe phone'?

Who will be Agent '86'?

Maxwell Smart (Agent 86) is Steve Carell

Agent 99, never named (previously played by Barbara Feldon) is Anne Hathaway.
  • Reply 29 of 35
    macfandavemacfandave Posts: 603member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Buck View Post

.mac mail is the only mail service able to generate excitement from its unbelievably long outages.

You evidently don't know Blackberry addicts. When the Blackberry network goes down, these people's personality disintegrates swiftly. After an hour or so, they become glassy-eyed and incoherent.
  • Reply 30 of 35
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member
    Quote:

Apple has confirmed that it forgo this year's Apple Expo in Paris.

That should be:

Apple has confirmed that it will forgo this year's Apple Expo in Paris.

or:

Apple has confirmed that it is to forgo this year's Apple Expo in Paris.
  • Reply 31 of 35
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrjoec123 View Post

Yesterday's outage was the first .Mac outage that effected me in over three years. That's a way better uptime rate than gmail, or the Blackberry outages that seem to happen every five or six months.

You hear a lot of complaints about outages, synching problems, etc. But you seldom hear from people who are happily using their service every day with no issues at all. .Mac is actually very reliable, compared to many other services out there. How many times has Twitter gone down in the last few months?

Twitter is free, with the too-common .com pattern of lacking a revenue stream too. Gmail, save for tiny ads, is free. .Mac is not.

That said, I don't remember ever seeing any any Gmail outages. It's been quite a while.
  • Reply 32 of 35
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DeaPeaJay View Post

Who cares about 3G besides people in the city? Edge works just fine out here in Eastern Tennessee.

What I'm counting on is updated Cinema Displays. It's been 426 days since a revision!

I thought more people lived in or near cities than live in rural areas.

But the cinema displays could use an update.
  • Reply 33 of 35
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    This commercial sounds wired, even for Apple. Perhaps the Mac touch will apper after all?
  • Reply 34 of 35
    rtdunhamrtdunham Posts: 428member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by This Just In View Post

For those who are familiar with Get Smart, the phone is an obvious tie-in ... (Look for a familiar face or two as well!)

with maxwell carell onstage live, the way noah wylie appeared at mwsf years ago.
  • Reply 35 of 35
    rtdunhamrtdunham Posts: 428member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cnocbui View Post

That should be:

Apple has confirmed that it will forgo this year's Apple Expo in Paris.

or:

Apple has confirmed that it is to forgo this year's Apple Expo in Paris.

dunno, it be clear to me.