WWDC: One more thing

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Just doing this for fun...

What do you think the "one more thing" announcement will be?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    jensonbjensonb Posts: 532member
    Borignly, I expect it'll be MobileMe
  • Reply 2 of 17
    yup, nothing special
  • Reply 3 of 17
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fleshman03 View Post

Just doing this for fun...

What do you think the "one more thing" announcement will be?

Most likely its going to be some sort of iphone nano model. Steve Jobs will first unveil the "iphone 3G" model in the standard size. But near the end of the show he will reveal a device in a cute litle form factor that has the multitouch features.

The iPhone nano. The crowd will applause and Steve will be smiling.
  • Reply 4 of 17
    aapleaaple Posts: 78member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Olternaut View Post

Most likely its going to be some sort of iphone nano model. Steve Jobs will first unveil the "iphone 3G" model in the standard size. But near the end of the show he will reveal a device in a cute litle form factor that has the multitouch features.

The iPhone nano. The crowd will applause and Steve will be smiling.

Yeah...no. I don't see an iPod nano coming out right now at all. The whole point of the iphone is being able to use a cool touchscreen interface and browse the web. It's like a mini laptop. It's already quite thin--why make it so tiny you can't use the touchscreen effectively?
  • Reply 5 of 17
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,310moderator
    Since it's a developer conference, I'd like to see a way of using the iphone to control the Mac desktop. This should give developers a better idea as to how a fully touch-based desktop should operate intuitively without taking the financial risk of developing touch-based desktops/laptops before the software is ready for it. The desktop could be mirrored onto the iphone display in part or completely.

That wouldn't likely be a 'one more thing' though.

I suppose the Newton announcement could be something. They did announce the iphone long before it appeared.
  • Reply 6 of 17
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    New iPhone and iPod Touch demoing apps is what I expect.
  • Reply 7 of 17
    solsunsolsun Posts: 763member
    New Cinema Displays?

I've been waiting patiently...
  • Reply 8 of 17
    hobbithobbit Posts: 532member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solsun View Post

New Cinema Displays?

They will be introduced when Apple switches from DVI to DisplayPort.

And DisplayPort will happen when Apple switches at least its Pro machines to BluRay.

I don't see it happen before that.

You be the judge how likely a shift to BluRay is now. Or whether that might come later.
  • Reply 9 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hobBIT View Post

They will be introduced when Apple switches from DVI to DisplayPort.

And DisplayPort will happen when Apple switches at least its Pro machines to BluRay.

I don't see it happen before that.

You be the judge how likely a shift to BluRay is now. Or whether that might come later.

The mac pro is useing low to mid end video cards and DisplayPort is not there in that many cards also few scenes have it.
  • Reply 10 of 17
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aaple View Post

Yeah...no. I don't see an iPod nano coming out right now at all. The whole point of the iphone is being able to use a cool touchscreen interface and browse the web. It's like a mini laptop. It's already quite thin--why make it so tiny you can't use the touchscreen effectively?

They will find a way to both maintain the 3.5 inch screen while making the device itself smaller. Apple will find a way....they always do.
  • Reply 11 of 17
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    No more thing.
  • Reply 12 of 17
    We are sending off our law suit to Psystar Corporation. Apple has not said much about them and Steve Jobs make want to make a big deal about it. Any ways apple should make a desktop mid-tower in the $700 - $2000 price range and Steve Jobs can say now we have a system that full works with mac osx and is in there price range.
  • Reply 13 of 17
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

No more thing.

Thanks for stopping by, and don't forget to grab one of our Hanna Montana gift bags on the way out.
  • Reply 14 of 17
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

New iPhone and iPod Touch demoing apps is what I expect.

A Touch Mouse (or input device) is much more needed than anything i- Phone or Pod related. But I have zero hope for that. It is inconceivable today to sell a mouse like the Mighty one with such a complex operating system like Mac OS X Leopard.
  • Reply 15 of 17
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    something similar to Eee PC but called mac book mini - $599 to $799
  • Reply 16 of 17
    jensonbjensonb Posts: 532member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shanmugam View Post

something similar to Eee PC but called mac book mini - $599 to $799

I sincerely doubt it. For on thing, it'd compliment the Mac mini which would need a major update to justify a mobile version, for another...It'd mean adding a fourth collumn to the product matrix and given how it's arranged now, moving the Mac mini into the new collumn below MacBook mini would leave the MacBook with no desktop equivalent.

I mean, they could do it, but I don't think they're shooting low end in the Mac space ATM.

But if they did and it came out for £399 with specs similar to the current Mac mini (The Mac mini itself being bumped simultaneously) I would seriously have to look at it.
  • Reply 17 of 17
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Posts: 1,772member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solsun View Post

New Cinema Displays?

I've been waiting patiently...

Maybe a $59,000 Cinema Display