Originally Posted by kenaustus View Post

Some things are for sure:

Phone 2.0

OS X iPhone

AppStore

Intro to a few of the new 3rd party iPhone apps

Probable:

10.5 Update at some level for iPhone 2.0

Snow Leopard - and a bit of a chat as to WHY.

.Mac revised

"One More Thing"

What not to bet on:

The xMac

I believe that besides some information on Snow Leopard to get developers moving in that direction most of the Keynote will be iPhone centric. OS X iPhone, AppStore, OS X upgrades to handle iPhone 2.0 and maybe new tie ins with .Mac to make it more attractive.

what about ichat or video ichat
  • Reply 42 of 75
    jensonbjensonb Posts: 532member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NOFEER View Post

what about ichat or video ichat

On the iPhone? Maybe and possible but unlikely
  • Reply 43 of 75
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?t=87657

these pics if "true" looks like video chat????
  • Reply 44 of 75
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball View Post

It has nothing to do with PR. It simply has to do with the fact that Ford made autos accessible to average people in two ways:

1) The assembly line therefore mass production therefore lower cost of producing a car.

2) Paying workers decent wages in the hope they would use that extra money to buy luxuries like cars (and it worked).

The first mass produced automobile was a Skoda I do believe. Besides he was taking the piss about PR, come on Ice!
  • Reply 45 of 75
    zinfellazinfella Posts: 877member
    Wow, I would have thought that more folks would be looking for long overdue new Cinema Display models. Current models are long in the tooth, and past time for updating. I'll take a 23-24" LED display to go with a new MacPro, thank you very much!
  • Reply 46 of 75
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Posts: 1,772member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NOFEER View Post

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?t=87657

these pics if "true" looks like video chat????

Yes. But who knows if those pics are true or not? Until Monday, that is. Just be patient.
  • Reply 47 of 75
    benroethigbenroethig Posts: 2,782member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zinfella View Post

Wow, I would have thought that more folks would be looking for long overdue new Cinema Display models. Current models are long in the tooth, and past time for updating. I'll take a 23-24" LED display to go with a new MacPro, thank you very much!

I think they've given up on it happening.
  • Reply 48 of 75
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    Quote:

Given the quantum leap in performance that Nehalem will bring (see the thread in FH), it's reasonable to assume that the Mac Pro will be seriously revved in October/November. I'm expecting that Firewire 3200 and Blu-Ray will make their first appearance there.

Given that, it's reasonable to assume that new displays will come at the same time.
  • Reply 49 of 75
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

Given the quantum leap in performance that Nehalem will bring (see the thread in FH),

I know it's the common usage that 'quantum leap' = 'huge leap' but as a trained physicist, this amuses me to no end. A quantum leap would be the *smallest* possible change.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread topic.
  • Reply 50 of 75
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

Given the quantum leap in performance that Nehalem will bring (see the thread in FH), it's reasonable to assume that the Mac Pro will be seriously revved in October/November. I'm expecting that Firewire 3200 and Blu-Ray will make their first appearance there.

Given that, it's reasonable to assume that new displays will come at the same time.

Since we have yet to see FW 1600, I'd say good luck on FW 3200. How many current devices use FW 3200?

As for Blu-Ray, I dunno, but I don't see it in a Mac this year. Of course, I could be wrong, but, I don't think so.

Akshually, I don't see new kick ass Intel processors for the MacPro until next year, and you may quote me.

Having said all that, Iv'e no idea what's in store for iPhones, and or other hand held, mmmmmmm, stuff. Save to say that's where the emphasis is at Apple Inc.
  • Reply 51 of 75
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post

I know it's the common usage that 'quantum leap' = 'huge leap' but as a trained physicist, this amuses me to no end. A quantum leap would be the *smallest* possible change.

It's about time! So, whadaya think, Milk of Magnesia or Exlax?

• Reply 52 of 75
    royboyroyboy Posts: 458member
    Quote:

I never thought about the scientific usage of "quantum leap", but you are definitely correct on different usage of the term:

wikipedia

Quote:

...............The popular and scientific terms are similar in that both describe a change that happens all at once (revolutionary), rather than gradually over time (evolutionary), but the two uses are different when it comes to the magnitude of the change or advance in question................

• Reply 53 of 75
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

I was waiting for someone to point that out.

I didn't want to post too many negative posts in one thread without a positive one.
  • Reply 54 of 75
    Quote:

Blame Scott Bakula, not me.

Quote:

Since we have yet to see FW 1600, I'd say good luck on FW 3200. How many current devices use FW 3200?

There was no compelling reason to upgrade to FW1600. However, FW 3200 has now been ratified and must hit the market before USB3 does next year. The new upgrade uses the same connectors as FW800. Apple is chairing this whole process, so it's unlikely they've given up on the technology.

Quote:

As for Blu-Ray, I dunno, but I don't see it in a Mac this year. Of course, I could be wrong, but, I don't think so.

Apple wants to promote downloads, but they're also rewriting FCP and I doubt they plan to surrender the entire wedding video market that they own right now. BR drives will certainly fetch a premium, and Apple may not promote them as standard. But they will be available.

Quote:

Akshually, I don't see new kick ass Intel processors for the MacPro until next year, and you may quote me.

If Nehalem appears in October, it's possible Apple may wait for MWSF to introduce them.

However, there's a good case to be made that Apple's been stalling on displays long enough and if the tech is ready, they may just release them. Maybe there's a reason the January upgrades were called: Mac Pro (Early 2008).
  • Reply 55 of 75
    Was it Apple that called the new MacPro's "early 2008" models, or was it someone else? If it was Apple, did they use "early" to mean models introduced prior to MacWorld, where one would expect new releases at that time of year? I haven't seen anything to make me believe that the term "early 2008" means we are getting more MacPros this year, but, YMMV.
  • Reply 56 of 75
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

The first mass produced automobile was a Skoda I do believe. Besides he was taking the piss about PR, come on Ice!

Well, according to Wikipedia...

- First automobile manufacturer - Benz (1871), Panhard et Levassor (1889) (followed by Peugeot in 1891)

- First standardized automobile - Benz Velo (1894) or Duryea Motor Wagon (1893)

- First mass-produced automobile - Oldsmobile Curved Dash (1901)[citation needed]

(Honorable Mention - Ford Model T, first car produced on a moving assembly line.)

Also, yes my "PR" comment was a bit of dry humor.
  • Reply 57 of 75
    Quote:

Was it Apple that called the new MacPro's "early 2008" models, or was it someone else? If it was Apple, did they use "early" to mean models introduced prior to MacWorld, where one would expect new releases at that time of year? I haven't seen anything to make me believe that the term "early 2008" means we are getting more MacPros this year, but, YMMV.

That is the official name for the model, but you are correct. It doesn't really mean anything by itself.
  • Reply 58 of 75
    royboyroyboy Posts: 458member
    Quote:

Apples does use "early 2008" for the current Mac Pros:

Quote:

Mac Pro (Early 2008) User's Guide (PDF)

Mac Pro (Early 2008)

• Reply 59 of 75
    Over at MacRumors a poster has heard that 20-21" wide laptop bags are being handed out at the Registration for WWDC. Interesting... I'm hoping for redesigned MBPs with the addition of a 20" model. (But mostly just redesigned MBPs)

--mAc
  • Reply 60 of 75
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    I predict...

Long Lines for the loo