Podcasts showing up as songs instead of podcasts!

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hi,

Tiger with latest updates, MacBook first generation, iPod classic 160 gigs, latest iTunes.

For the first time in my life I downloaded a few podcasts from iTunes - some of them video and some not. I then synced my iPod. Now the problem:

I use the click-wheel and scroll down to Podcasts - there is none! I scroll up to Music, look at the playlist "Recently Added" and all my podcasts are there. When I play them, they play like normal songs but I cannot see the video. I only see a still picture in the area where the album cover-art would be shown.

What am I doing wrong? Like I said, this is the first time I am downloading any podcsts, just thought I would try and download some and learn how to do it etc.

Thanks and cheers

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    areseearesee Posts: 776member
    Where do the Podcasts show up in iTunes? In the Podcasts or Music library?

When you synced the Podcasts to your iPod Classic did you do into the Podcast tab of your IPod Classic device page and tell iTunes to sync your Podcasts?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    bclapperbclapper Posts: 237member
    Video podcasts are accessed through the video menu Not the podcast one

Can't help with the audio problem though my podcasts also show up in the songs list.

May be a silly Q but... Is the iPod menu set up to display Podcasts?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    tilttilt Posts: 396member
    Apologies to both of you for the delay in responding - and thank you both for responding.

In iTunes the podcasts show up in the podcasts section, not in the music section. And when I synced (sunc???) the podcasts, I did go into the podcasts tab of the iPod to sync.

bClapper, yes, the iPod menu is set up to display podcasts (or at least there is a podcasts menu in my iPod under which there is nothing)

Someone on another forum has pointed me to something on MacOSXHints, I have to try that when I get back into town on Thursday.

I shall keep you posted

Cheers
  • Reply 4 of 5
    areseearesee Posts: 776member
    What settings did you use in the Podcast tab?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    tilttilt Posts: 396member
    Aresee, I used the default setttings, all unseen episodes.

Everyone, oddly enough, I connected the iPod again today after I got back into town and synced again. This time for some reason, everything worked well and I can see the podcasts in the iPod properly, including the video.

Ironically I was on hold with Applecare for this same issue while I tried this!

Thanks again to everyone and I hope some day I find out why it did not work the first time and it worked now with absolutely no change in settings.

Cheers