othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Or has it?

TUAW.COM

FAKE!
  • Reply 2 of 13
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Yeah, I actually read the language. It doesn't sound like Apple to me.
  • Reply 3 of 13
    benroethigbenroethig Posts: 2,782member
    That size doesn't quite mesh with reality either. To be that thin, it would have to be longer and wider like the base of a notebook or use something really compact like an atom.
  • Reply 4 of 13
    As if Apple would prominently display a Windows and Linux logo like that ! As if they were equal to OSX (and how many years has it been since they used that icon for the Mac OS...OH!... I Know... it'll run OS9 natively!!!)
  • Reply 5 of 13
    jensonbjensonb Posts: 532member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BenRoethig View Post

That size doesn't quite mesh with reality either. To be that thin, it would have to be longer and wider like the base of a notebook or use something really compact like an atom.

coughmacbookaircough

Anywho, that image and theother 2 related to it are likely fakes. That said, it is conceivable Apple might have something like that planned, especially given AI's source on new Mac mini guts.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    @homenow@homenow Posts: 998member
    I may be mistaken but don't developers usually want more robust hardware as a development platform? If Apple were to release something like this it would not be aimed at developers.
  • Reply 7 of 13
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I'm going out on a limb and claiming "real."
  • Reply 8 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by @homenow View Post

I may be mistaken but don't developers usually want more robust hardware as a development platform? If Apple were to release something like this it would not be aimed at developers.

Ah, but Apple would be selling it to Windows developers as a cheap way for them to get in on the iPhone love.

Incidentally, I think whoever made those fake web pages has missed half the trick if Apple unveil something like that. "Fusion" could easily mean Apple is fusing together the AppleTV and the mini, the reason being the mini is already fishing in AppleTV's pond (Mac mini is a hugely popular HTPC I mean)
  • Reply 9 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jensonb View Post

...(Mac mini is a hugely popular HTPC I mean)

It is in my house!
  • Reply 10 of 13
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Black Apple TV with a DVD drive slot is what that is.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    jowie74jowie74 Posts: 540member
    That WWDC was booooo....ring.

Where's my Mac Nano? Where's my Mac Nano? Where's my Mac Nano? Where's my Mac Nano? Where's my Mac Nano? Where's my Mac Nano? Where's my Mac Nano? Where's my Mac Nano? Where's my Mac Nano? Where's my Mac Nano?

• Reply 12 of 13
    Shame. The mini does need some TLC
  • Reply 13 of 13
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Black Apple TV with a DVD drive slot is what that is.

Is it?