Mobile me is real!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Woot! www.me.com (not live yet)

I don't think it's a replacement or a new name for .Mac. I seems to be exchange for the rest of us! With push contacts, email and calendar (PC, Mac, and iPhone).

Mobile me replaces .Mac! Still $99. All existing .Mac accounts and email address work as they did before.

P.S. .Mac is still a rip-off!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

P.S. .Mac is still a rip-off!!!

I will have 40 GB of storage in a month or so and all kinds of other nice things that I have already had with new features including push email and contacts etc. I think .Mac just became a solid product.
  • Reply 2 of 14
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aplnub View Post

I will have 40 GB of storage in a month or so and all kinds of other nice things that I have already had with new features including push email and contacts etc. I think .Mac just became a solid product.

40GB? = $149 family pack = yes the kool aid stand

Like I said before; the first thing people wanted was a cheaper price. Add features if you want Jobs, but the customer wants cheaper first. Apple once again ignores its loyal customers. So what's new.
  • Reply 3 of 14
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Quote:

Like I said before; the first thing people wanted was a cheaper price. Add features if you want Jobs, but the customer wants cheaper first. Apple once again ignores its loyal customers. So what's new.

Ireland. People ALWAYS a cheaper price. The art of sales and negotiating is get that person to pay as much as possible. This is how business done. There's little use to getting mad. Apple is going to offer Mobile Me to people at a given price. If they choose not to pay that price Apple is ok with that because they feel the value they offer is worth it.
  • Reply 4 of 14
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Personally, I think they should've brokered an 'unlimited' storage arrangement with Google or Amazon.
  • Reply 5 of 14
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Personally, I think they should've brokered an 'unlimited' storage arrangement with Google or Amazon.

At least someone here has brains!
  • Reply 6 of 14
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:

They grow them differently over there don't they? Ireland, if cheaper price drove Apple sales then there would be no Apple. MacBooks increased price, etc., and sales continue to increase. So you are not entirely correct to make a broad stroke that paints consumers and frugal and demanding price over feature set enhancements.

Features have been added and the price stayed the same so I receive more for my money than I was already paying. Adding push features and web access to those features only furthers the value.
  • Reply 7 of 14
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Dude, just pay $99 for the first year, with MobileMe, you probably can't do without it. It is like 10x better than current .Mac. The keynote is blowing me away... ...It is positively badass. Now I can stop using Google Calendar....!!! ARHGHGHHGHGHGHGHHG Woooooooot
  • Reply 8 of 14
    You do realise that with Mobile Me you never really have to PHYSICALLY CONNECT THE IPHONE OR IPOD TOUCH to sync with your Mac. At least for Calendars, Contacts and Email. It is really going to be useful, IMHO.
  • Reply 9 of 14
    The only thing is I hope editing on iPhone or iPod touch calendar will push upwards to other devices. This feature should be smoothed out over the next few months if it is a bit wobbly at first.... Nevermind I am just rambling now deep in RDF.
  • Reply 10 of 14
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    I think I like mobile me and I think I might get it. My wife has .mac now so I'll get to see how mobile her works out.
  • Reply 11 of 14
    Mobile Me is a significant upgrade.

Previously there would have been no way to get .Mac to a point where I could easily manage "my" data equally well from any platform.

Now we have management from 3 paradigms. Mobile OS X, Macintosh and PC. You can bet your ass I'll be signing up and using this to keep in closer touch with my son and his activities as he grows older.

Free or low cost is nice..but I need something that is going to work.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    If it can do push email of other IMAP accounts that would be great!
  • Reply 13 of 14
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member
    MobileMe looks awesome.

Question: what happens to our iweb sites posted at .mac? Can we keep them?
  • Reply 14 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

MobileMe looks awesome.

Question: what happens to our iweb sites posted at .mac? Can we keep them?

Yup...Apple still spoke about Web publishing with Mobile Me in the Keynote. My guess is they'll announce the full features prior to shipping with Back to Mac, Web Publishing and more fleshed out.