OS X.1.2 and the dock...

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
On thinksecret they have a screenshot of the desktop of OS X.1.2 and the dock in that screenshot has what looks to be tabs or tabbed folders on it. Can anyone tell me what this is. Shareware, a new feture of the dock or something else. The picture can be found <a href="http://www.thinksecret.com/features/macosx1012.html"; target="_blank">HERE</a>.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    nah... looks like DragThing, doesn´t it?
  • Reply 2 of 8
    noahjnoahj Posts: 4,503member
    [quote]Originally posted by dr. zoidberg:

<strong>nah... looks like DragThing, doesn´t it?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Maybe that's it, but I cannot tell with the size of the picture. Looks like the dock with tabs on it. But maybe you are right. Do you use drag thing, is that what it looks like in X?
  • Reply 3 of 8
    noahjnoahj Posts: 4,503member
    Just looked at dragthings site. It looks like this was all about nothing. But hey Dragthing looks pretty cool! Feel free to lock this thread mods. And thanks Dr. Zoidberg, that was a fast answer.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    First off it's DragThing 4.2 but the picture is to show that IRDA has been included for PowerBooks.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Too bad...that would be a really great dock update!!! WTF doesn't Apple add this sort of option? They could buy dragthing and give it's creator a job at Apple!
  • Reply 6 of 8
    The saddest thing is, this functionality was in early betas of OPENSTEP...

<a href="http://www.occam.com/images/pics/OS4M.gif"; target="_blank">Click Here for Larger Version.</a>

[ 12-06-2001: Message edited by: Jonathan ]</p>
  • Reply 7 of 8
    [quote]Originally posted by Junkyard Dawg:

<strong>Too bad...that would be a really great dock update!!! WTF doesn't Apple add this sort of option? They could buy dragthing and give it's creator a job at Apple! </strong><hr></blockquote>

**** dragthins! Buy A-dock!! If the OS X dock combiand all it's features now with all the features of the A-dock it would kick ass!!! And it would be cheeper
  • Reply 8 of 8
    x704x704 Posts: 276member
    Yeah, they need to do something with the dock. My idea (that I've sumitted to apple numerous times) is that they have a button or switch that will make all the icons switch to your "secondar" dock (ie. your less used items that you still want in the dock anyway without cluttering it up).

I also think they should separate the dock. One on the left with your apps, one on the right with your trash (in the right hand corner, where it belongs!) & your docs directly to the left of it. With Auto hide this would work great (for me at least)